Thread: Another Integrated Amp thread

Default Another Integrated Amp thread

Hello
    My first post, and i really need some help.
    I have a pair of Sierra 1 nrt's , which i absolutely love. I am powering them with a NAD C370 integrated that i bought new i am guessing about 12 years ago . I should mention that i really like this amp, very dynamic with good soundstage.
    In the last couple of years it has developed some issues and i don't really want to put any money into it, so i want to replace it.
    I live in a small city in Canada and there really isn't anything locally here to audition, so my purchase will be via the internet.
    My budget is around 2000.00 cad, and there seems to be lots of offerings in this price range , and i am overwhelmed by choices.
    Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
    I am leaning towards the NAD C375bee because i feel that it would be a safe bet for me sight unheard, but i am wondering if there is something worth considering for that price.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
    Al

Default Re: Another Integrated Amp thread

The NAD C375BEE is good. Parasound is coming out with a new integrated amp that has some bass management capabilities (for adding a subwoofer). It might be a little more expensive though.

There are tons of good integrated amps in that price range. But to be honest, I think they're all over-priced.

Do you use subwoofers? Have you considered getting two subwoofers and an AVR with bass management and room EQ? You might get more benefit from that than from an integrated amp that has none of those options. The subwoofers will give you great bass, will ease the load on the amp, will keep the Sierra 1's from trying to do the deep bass, and will allow more flexibility in placement in the room.

Default Re: Another Integrated Amp thread

Yes i use subs, full range.
    I probably should go the avr route but they are to involved for me, i had one years ago and just didn't like it.
    Was just wondering what others on here were using for integrated amps with the Sierra's, and there impressions of them.