Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBM 170 question's

I can't speak for that particular music, maybe someone else can. I can say that I have not heard any resonating from my CBM-170's or CMT-340's.

Where are you located? Maybe we can find someone in you area and you can get a listen for yourself.

-curtis

I live in southern california... La palma/Buena Park area. Yes trying them out would be a big plus, i could show them off to my friends too who which arent at all into audio equipment (17-18 year olds go figure) but are into music?. Thanks

How the West Was Won sounds great to me on my 170's w/ a sub. Just had a baby so I can't go crank it and give a report for quite a while. The 170s can play quite loud on the Zep before distorting. As someone who's spent a lot of time at shows, I suggest turning it down and saving yourself from hearing loss later. Unless you really enjoy saying, "huh, what did you say."

Dood!

I'm in Manhattan Beach! Come on over! Then you can decide if you want to order a pair to demo in your own place.

-curtis

Oh yah i forgot to mention my room size its 10'5x10 and the speaks would be on the long wall for now. Is this to small of a room for the 170?

That shouldn't be too small. How far will you be sitting from the speakers?

-curtis

OK i figured they wouldnt be that bad in my room considering they dont have alot of bass (which i like). The speakers will be on top of concrete block about 5 1/2 feet apart, a foot or so from the back wall and about two feet form the side walls, ill be sitting pretty close to them so i can get the triangle action going and i like to bust out some video games while listening to toons so im usually pretty close =0) Theyll be powered by an onkyo tx 8511 if that makes a difference? Thanks alot

No problem. Let us know what you end up with!

-curtis

What i meant was are these speakers muddy? do they reverberate sound (especially in the mid range) and give it that echoey sound?

No way....CBM-170's are clean and accurate. But remember, a lot of muddiness and reverberation can be caused by the room.

-curtis