Hi all,

I currently have a FV15 and am interested in adding a second sub to my system (Sierra-1 LCR + random Polk surround)

I'm sure ideally I should add an identical sub, but what are peoples thoughts on perhaps using a mismatched smaller ported 12", or a sealed 15"? How about a sealed Rythmik F15HP?

The FV15 is a massive beast and I'd like to consider something smaller to not take up any more room than necessary. If I was to start again I'd probably have gone for a pair of sealed subs, rather than a massive ported beast, as the sealed ones are touted to be more musical and generally are a lot smaller. But now I have the ported FV15 I'd like to add to it. I guess I have the option of selling it, but shipping will be a nightmare.

I love my FV15, but I'm concerned my listening area is just too large for the single sub (open plan, vaulted ceilings). I currently have it located near field, right behind the sofa as I had measured the best response from there. My problem is that I can sometimes locate the sub when playing music or during HT and am thinking that adding a second sub and repositioning both to be in different locations would help remove the localization.

Thanks.