Thread: Hello from SF Area

Default Hello from SF Area

My journey to Ascend...

Decided it was time to upgrade my 10 year old Kef speakers, so I set about auditioning as many well regarded towers and center channels that my local HiFi shops have to offer. After much sampling i'd decided on the Revel Performa3 series, and was leaning towards an SVS sub to compliment my LCR upgrade. Now I can't actually recall how Ascend Acoustics got on my radar. Probably a side bar on AVS, since as Dave has mentioned elsewhere, Ascend doesn't do any marketing and professional reviews on the usual online audio sites are also pretty thin.

My use case has become 90% HT and 10% music, but being a musician in my previous life, I knew I wanted speakers that could still make good recordings shine. I also knew that with better speakers, I'd be spending more time rediscovering music.

So I found my way to the Sierra Towers....then the Towers with RAAL tweeter upgrades, and the massive Horizon with RAAL. That was also the gateway to rediscovering the Rythmik subs, which I'd looked at briefly when looking at SVS and JL Audio for a sub.

After scouring every bit of online info I could find, I decided to give the above Ascends a shot. In preparation for their arrival I went about ripping lossless versions of 100+ cd's i'd hung onto and slapped them in my Macbook Pro. Got myself some BJC to replace all my cabling throughout.

In Coming - Sierra Towers, Horizon Center - RAAL upgrade on all three, in Satin Espresso. Rythmik E15HP SE.

I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival (hopefully end of next week) I'll obviously post some pics of my set up once they are in place, as well as post a review once I get some time with them post break in.
    Last edited by 99Problems; 09-01-2014 at 06:53 AM. Reason: typo