Thread: For the smart people out there (math required)

Default For the smart people out there (math required)

I currently have my Sierras mounted on the wall with pinpoint speaker mounts about 32 inches off the ground. My 2 year old son has now become a problem with this set-up.

My question would be if the mounts are able to angle down up to 7 degrees and I sit about 9 feet from the speakers, how high can I mount the speakers if my ear height is 39 inches while sitting on my couch.

I know this is not ideal, but my stereo and my motorcycle are the two things I refuse to let this kid destroy. Thanks.

Default Re: For the smart people out there (math required)

(tan(7°) x 84") + 39" = 49.3"

Hope that helps!

Thank you, but where does the 84" come from? I won't even ask about the tan.

I am sorry I screwed up. I thought I read that your speakers were 7 feet away (84") from you, but it clearly says 9 feet (108").
    So the correct response is (tan(7°) x 108") + 39" = 52.3"

Quote Originally Posted by makdoogle View Post
    I currently have my Sierras mounted on the wall with pinpoint speaker mounts about 32 inches off the ground. My 2 year old son has now become a problem with this set-up.

My question would be if the mounts are able to angle down up to 7 degrees and I sit about 9 feet from the speakers, how high can I mount the speakers if my ear height is 39 inches while sitting on my couch.

I know this is not ideal, but my stereo and my motorcycle are the two things I refuse to let this kid destroy. Thanks.
    Please note, Sierra-1 do not need to be positioned at ear-level as they have a very reasonable +/- 15 degree vertical listening window....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com