Thread: Sierra Tower vs Def Tech Mythos STS

Default Sierra Tower vs Def Tech Mythos STS

I would like to upgrade my current speakers. I currently have two Mythos STS as fronts, CS8060 HD center, and Gems as surround. I am about 50% movies 50% music. Music is very important though. Room is roughly 25 x 13. I have an Oppo 105, emotiva umc200 and emotiva xpa5. No sub.

Will Sierra Towers with Horizon center be a significant upgrade to what I have now? I would need a nice musical sub to go along with that.

Default Re: Sierra Tower vs Def Tech Mythos STS

Quote Originally Posted by Loriglenn View Post
    I would like to upgrade my current speakers. I currently have two Mythos STS as fronts, CS8060 HD center, and Gems as surround. I am about 50% movies 50% music. Music is very important though. Room is roughly 25 x 13. I have an Oppo 105, emotiva umc200 and emotiva xpa5. No sub.

Will Sierra Towers with Horizon center be a significant upgrade to what I have now? I would need a nice musical sub to go along with that.
    I think it'd be significantly better. I've only heard other DefTech speakers. What are you dissatisfied with about the STS's?
    Nate

Default Re: Sierra Tower vs Def Tech Mythos STS

I've been pretty happy with these speakers. That is why I want to make sure the Ascends would be worth it. I have some cash to spend and I'm looking for the best speakers I can afford.

Thanks