Thread: 340C or 340M for mains

At what height will the stands be? Will there be any angle built into them? How much can you save by using three center channel stands?
    Laid horizontally, the 340C should be a better choice than the 340M. I'd sure want Ascend's imput on this. That's one heck of a nice theatre room.

David

David,

Thanks for the feedback, and advice. I have not purchased a center stand yet, but I was thinking of the typical stand I've seen in many home theaters... has a slight upward tilt, and about 18" tall (cost is ~$60 each). The stands would allow the sound to be directed towards the listener.

T

I'd be concerned with the horizontal dispersion of the 340C in the corners going by your diagram. I see no reason why you couldn't put the 340 L/R on different stands from the matching bases.

If the stands you are looking at are about $60 each, wouldn't you come out better getting the matching stands from Ascend for the 340M?

I'm having a bit of difficulty visualizing the 340c's in your theatre room. The room and your budget seem ideal for the 340M's. The 340C's will probably work but I'm not sure why you'd want them to. Any further thoughts?

David

Don't I feel stupid: as Eddie pointed out, I would do better with the 340 stands... I misread the web site, and somwhow thought the stands were $100 each.

Oh well... disregard my post. No need to consider 340C for mains. Thanks to all for responding.

T

Post pictures and your impressions when everything is up and running.

David