Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on new receiver with Sierra1s

Default Re: Need advice on new receiver with Sierra1s

Mark, Since I am sooooo old school, if I got an apple tv, how would I stream something like sirius?

Thanks

Hey Cats,

Apple TV doesn't have a Sirius app, so you couldn't stream it to an apple tv. An exception would be if you happen to have a mac computer - you could download the sirius app to your mac and use Apple's Airplay to mirror the sound and screen to your apple tv (which would be connected to your Denon).

But as you know, to get Sirius you need a subscription - I don't know the cost though.

Hey I'm old school too! Got my first cell phone less than two years ago.

Mark

LOL!!! I thought I was the last one on earth with a cell phone!

Sounds like the airplay may be a solution. I will have to research this...wonder about loss with this method, but I'll admit I know nothing about airplay, but, have a mac.

Thanks for all your help!

Also remember that the best sound does not come from internet streaming services.
    -curtis

yeah....unfortunately, that is very true. Don't know why I'm so worried about everything. What started this was wanting to hear Sirius--LOL!! Then, it blossomed to a new AVR. Then, of course, it came down to seeing the Sierra 2 upgrade kit. Then, a sub....and now...just wanting to make the best decisions for the money to upgrade.

You'll be very happy with your favorite discs.

I think the Sierra-2 being the first step in your upgrade process is a good decision.

curtis--upgrade Sierra 2 before sub?
    Also, my room 23'3" x 17' x8 .. would the compact 15 Rhythmic work? E15, I think?

Also, Denon x4000 sound o.k.?

I am really drooling over the anthem 510, but, can't ration out the price. =(

You know, I don't have a sub now. I listen to mainly classical music. I do watch tv and movies, not all that loudly. I do use Audessy , and, yes there is bass push, but not overwhelming. I don't listen all that much to movies. But, I don't want to ruin speakers. So, I'm guessing I need a sub? Otherwise, I think there is plenty of bass for me. Just so you know what I'm thinking. Thanks
    Last edited by catsAf; 06-07-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catsAf View Post
    curtis--upgrade Sierra 2 before sub?
    Also, my room 23'3" x 17' x8 .. would the compact 15 Rhythmic work? E15, I think?

Also, Denon x4000 sound o.k.?

I am really drooling over the anthem 510, but, can't ration out the price. =(

You know, I don't have a sub now. I listen to mainly classical music. I do watch tv and movies, not all that loudly. I do use Audessy , and, yes there is bass push, but not overwhelming. I don't listen all that much to movies. But, I don't want to ruin speakers. So, I'm guessing I need a sub? Otherwise, I think there is plenty of bass for me. Just so you know what I'm thinking. Thanks
    To me, with the way you describe your listening habits, I think the Sierra-2 should be the first upgrade.

The sub would be good...for TV/movies, the E15 should be OK, but your room is large, and a the larger F15HP will do better as the volume goes up, but loudness does not seem to be a priority for you. Do you know anybody close by that has a good sub your can borrow for a few hours? Just to see what kind of difference it makes for you.

I don't follow receivers much right now, but the x4000 and 510 seem to be great choices. If I had the money, I would probably go with the Anthem.
    -curtis

sounds like great advice...thank u. now i just have 2 find out if my sierras are 1st gen or not, 2 c if i can upgrade myself...

sorry--one handed typing....
    Last edited by catsAf; 06-07-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catsAf View Post
    sounds like great advice...thank u. now i just have 2 find out if my sierras are 1st gen or not, 2 c if i can upgrade myself...

sorry--one handed typing....
    When did you buy your Sierra-1's?
    -curtis