Thread: Hello from NorCal. In the market for new speakers :)

Default Hello from NorCal. In the market for new speakers :)

Hi everybody, my name's Leo.
    I recently started to upgrade my home sound system to something a little beefier than my 2-ch Sony STRDH130.
    At the moment I have:
    - A/V receiver Marantz NR-1604
    - Amp: Emotiva UPA-2 (2x 125w)
    - Sub: SVS SB-2000
    - Speakers: Polk audio TSi 400, which I'm looking to upgrade... and that's why I'm here
    I've read and heard many good things about Ascend acoustics plus I love the tower looking so I put the Sierra tower (+RAAL) in my shortlist. I still have a couple of questions on this.
    1. would my setup, especially my amp, be able to drive those speakers? from what I read there shouldn't be any problem
    2. I'd love to be able to audition them, so is there anybody in NorCal (Bay area) who would be willing to help me out with this? Otherwise I could make a trip to SoCal at some point...

Leo

Default Re: Hello from NorCal. In the market for new speakers :)

Hi leuz, welcome to the forum. The short answer is yes your receiver will drive them. For a slightly more in depth discussion visit Owner Reviews, Finally thoughts on new towers thread. Cant help you with the audition as im from Iowa. If i lived that close i,d definately make the trip just to have a beer with Dave and talk audio.

Quote Originally Posted by leuz View Post
    2. I'd love to be able to audition them, so is there anybody in NorCal (Bay area) who would be willing to help me out with this? Otherwise I could make a trip to SoCal at some point...

Leo
    Hi Leo,
    Check out this thread:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...dition-Request

I think a pair of Sierra 2s are going up to the Bay area and three new forum members are getting together for an audition. Maybe you could drop in as well? They are not the towers but you would definitely get the idea of the Sierra sound.

Mark

Hi guys, thanks for the reply. I just followed up with that thread, awesome.