Thread: 2 channel for music in large room

Default 2 channel for music in large room

Hi all - a few weeks ago, we set-up our home theater with the following:
    • Sierra-2 L/R/C
    • HTM-200 rears
    • Rythmik LV12R
    • Denon AVR-E400

I can't express how happy I am with the whole set-up (the receiver can be challenging because it is smarter than me though). I find myself frequently sitting in the TV room just listening to music. I feel like I am rediscovering my entire music collection. Movies have been phenomenal as well

Up Next:
    Given how great things sound in our "TV" room (basement), I now need great sound in our living room. We only use this area for music & radio news. The room is very large, "open concept", and is really a living room, dining room and kitchen.
    28' to the kitchen counter x 15' wide x 8' ceilings. The kitchen is another 14' long.

My question is whether or not the Sierra Towers are the way to go in here? I'm concerned they won't be able to fill the room. Any thoughts?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I find the search function on these forums challenging. Like if I search for 2 channel, more 7.2 channel comes up than anything...

Side note - I'm thinking my office now needs CBM-170's

Thanks!

Default Re: 2 channel for music in large room

Choir - Good call on the subs. I guess that was really the concern, enough bass, when I said "fill the room".

I ended up buying the CBM's for my office and I am very pleased with them (listening to them as I type this!).

For our larger living room, I found some demo Silverline Sonatina MkIV's that I couldn't pass on. They are filling the room really well with enough bass for me.

FWIW, I ended up finding an older used HK880 Vxi locally. I hooked up this HomeSpot Bluetooth gizmo from Amazon.com and it is all working really great to get music from my phone. I may make the move to the Apple Airport Express at some point, but for now, this bluetooth device is great.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Default Re: 2 channel for music in large room

Was re-reading and accidentally deleted, lol.. sorry At least everything worked out
    Last edited by choirbass; 06-04-2014 at 06:44 PM.