Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Rythmik/Ascend Sub

Default Re: Custom Rythmik/Ascend Sub

I wonder how much of a performance boost you would get from the bamboo.

It seems the 12 would be about 1700 and the 15 about 1900. If Rhythmik would up the game to the HO amp, I would definately consider this. To be able to match the towers would be great. Maybe if we could get 50 names on the want list, it might be easier for Dave to consider this. No pressure Dave.

I would love a pair in Dark Cherry!

DJoel

F15 HP in bamboo can we do it? I'd be down. Gonna try asking Salk Signature what they would charge.

Quote Originally Posted by bds0048 View Post
    F15 HP in bamboo can we do it? I'd be down. Gonna try asking Salk Signature what they would charge.

Best to speak with Rythmik directly. We can do this, but it is extremely expensive through us.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by jahjd2000 View Post
    Dave,

Have you, or would you ever consider, offering custom Rythmik subs in the same finishes as your bamboo products? Same dimensions as Rythmik's subs to keep it simple just in the bamboo finishes. Would make for a nice matching audio set up.

Thanks,

Jason
    I don't know if you are still interested, but I noticed a premade bamboo cabinet you can get for a 10 or 12 inch driver for a very reasonable price.

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/bamboo-sub-enclosure.html

It seems to be made specifically for Dayton drivers and such, but I wonder if you might be able to get a Rythmik 12 inch driver and amp to work with this? On the Rythmik website you can get the amps and drivers seperately, to go the DIY route:

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products2.html

If they did go together without any problem, this would be a cheap way of getting what you might want, although you are limited to the 12" sealed design. Also you would need to finish the cabinet, which sounds like it is labor intensive. I would love to have a subwoofer in the cabinet to match my natural Sierra 2s, but I don't have the extra money to put into it. Since I have such a large room open to other areas of the house, I need to go with a larger ported sub, like the Rythmik FV15HP and I definietely don't have the extra money to get it finished in bamboo.
    Last edited by N Boros; 09-25-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    I don't know if you are still interested, but I noticed a premade bamboo cabinet you can get for a 10 or 12 inch driver for a very reasonable price.

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/bamboo-sub-enclosure.html

It seems to be made specifically for Dayton drivers and such, but I wonder if you might be able to get a Rythmik 12 inch driver and amp to work with this? On the Rythmik website you can get the amps and drivers seperately, to go the DIY route:

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products2.html

If they did go together without any problem, this would be a cheap way of getting what you might want, although you are limited to the 12" sealed design. Also you would need to finish the cabinet, which sounds like it is labor intensive. I would love to have a subwoofer in the cabinet to match my natural Sierra 2s, but I don't have the extra money to put into it. Since I have such a large room open to other areas of the house, I need to go with a larger ported sub, like the Rythmik FV15HP and I definietely don't have the extra money to get it finished in bamboo.
    I am not sure how that is even possible at that price. Even in bulk quantities, just 1 sheet of 4 x 8 bamboo we purchase costs more than what they are asking for the entire assembled cabinet - and no speaker company even comes close to purchasing as much bamboo as we do. I have sampled bamboo directly from nearly every manufacturer producing it.

Perhaps it is just one single sample cabinet that they made and are trying to get rid of it?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks for the post Boros. bds and jahjd aren't the only people who would like a bamboo enclosure to match their Ascends.

Dave. The description says it's bamboo ply. Not sure what that means, maybe a bamboo veneer?

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    Thanks for the post Boros. bds and jahjd aren't the only people who would like a bamboo enclosure to match their Ascends.

Dave. The description says it's bamboo ply. Not sure what that means, maybe a bamboo veneer?
    Doesn't look like a veneer. All bamboo paneling is technically some form of a "ply" as it is multiple pieces.

We once sampled a very inexpensive bamboo, and there was a reason it was so cheap. But even at that reduced pricing, it truly puzzles me how they can offer this enclosure at that price.

I might just have to order one to check it out
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

If you do, and like the results, I'll buy the first one from you. 12" Rythmik in satin espresso. Feel free to PM me so as not to start a panic.