Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Rythmik/Ascend Sub

Default Custom Rythmik/Ascend Sub

Dave,

Have you, or would you ever consider, offering custom Rythmik subs in the same finishes as your bamboo products? Same dimensions as Rythmik's subs to keep it simple just in the bamboo finishes. Would make for a nice matching audio set up.

Thanks,

Jason

Default Re: Custom Rythmik/Ascend Sub

He will but the price for a bamboo Rythmik sub would be very pricey. I wanted to go this route but the price was too much to justify it. Awhile ago they looked into it but I believe the cost to make would kill the bang for buck.

Check this out

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1298370/ry...ng-impressions

Ahhh good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by jahjd2000 View Post
    Dave,

Have you, or would you ever consider, offering custom Rythmik subs in the same finishes as your bamboo products? Same dimensions as Rythmik's subs to keep it simple just in the bamboo finishes. Would make for a nice matching audio set up.

Thanks,

Jason
    Hi Jason,

This would be up to Rythmik as they build their cabinets overseas. We could have cabinets built locally out of the same bamboo that we use but these are going to be VERY expensive -- easily a premium of at least twice the cost of standard enclosures. Keep in mind that these are not just bamboo finishes, our Sierra enclosures are made entirely from bamboo.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Jason,

This would be up to Rythmik as they build their cabinets overseas. We could have cabinets built locally out of the same bamboo that we use but these are going to be VERY expensive -- easily a premium of at least twice the cost of standard enclosures. Keep in mind that these are not just bamboo finishes, our Sierra enclosures are made entirely from bamboo.
    So is that twice the cost of the box or twice the cost of a complete sub? I know Salk offers every single one of their tower finishes as a custom finish for a sub with the Rythmik speaker and amp and that gives a substantial price increase, but their box design is WAY better braced made and a much stiffer overall cabinet design.

I would assume that all bamboo in the factory style box design would cost more but still be stiffer without ridiculous internal bracing the Salk MDF boxes use. Not that cabinet rigidity is an issue with my stock F15HP as it is now, but it is very apparent how cheap my Rythmik box construction is when you look at it without a driver or amp or look at the vinyl compared to my black bamboo. Seems like copying the design parameters for a stock Rythmik box using all bamboo would be far stiffer, tougher, and have a more beautiful surface finish worthy of a price bump. To me that's easily worth twice the cost of the box, but probably not twice the cost of an entire sub.

I agree. I got my F12 in the matte finish as it was the only option. Very cheap finish IMO. Good sound however.

Why not discuss with Dave for the cost, you can get the rest of the unit from rythmik. So essentialy Dave would be desling with the custom work.

Quote Originally Posted by DevL View Post
    So is that twice the cost of the box or twice the cost of a complete sub?
    It would likely cost close to twice that of the complete standard subwoofer. Bamboo is expensive, as is the labor and custom finishing of the bamboo itself.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    It would likely cost close to twice that of the complete standard subwoofer. Bamboo is expensive, as is the labor and custom finishing of the bamboo itself.
    Would it be cheaper if you were able to order bamboo subwoofer boxes in bulk? I'm sure there's multiple folks out there with more money than sense who would be willing to pay a hefty premium for a sub that matches their speakers...

Quote Originally Posted by pj- View Post
    Would it be cheaper if you were able to order bamboo subwoofer boxes in bulk? I'm sure there's multiple folks out there with more money than sense who would be willing to pay a hefty premium for a sub that matches their speakers...
    We would need to order a minimum of 50 of the same subwoofer cabinet to benefit from some volume discounts. We would also then have to assemble, test, clean and package the subwoofer's ourselves (as opposed to Rythmik)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com