Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Boston MA

Default I amLooking for an audition Boston MA

Hi All,

Hoping there is someone in my area who would not mind showing off the Sierra towers. Thinking of buying but would like a listen first. Currently have Emotiva XPA 1L mono amp and **** 901 series 3 but looking to upgrde on the speaker end.

Thank You

John
    Last edited by john; 05-06-2014 at 05:28 AM. Reason: no audition responces

Default Re: Hi from Boston MA

Hi John, i'm from Iowa, just wanted to say, welcome to the forum. I have the towers with RAAL. All I can say is, WOW.
    Last edited by loonytunes; 05-03-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    Hi John, i'm from Iowa, just wanted to say, welcome to the forum. I have the towers with RAAL. All I can say is, WOW.

Hi Loonytunes, Enjoy.....................
    Just wish someone in my area had a pair to give a listen to as I have been doing lots of listening in that price range. Do you feel the need for a sub. What kind of music are you listening to.

I listen to a wide range of music. 80's hair band to country. Instrumentals to heavy bass club mixes. The towers have a well balanced sound. I get tight bass down to probably 40 hz. My room is empty due to remodeling and I'm quite certain the acoustics aren't helping. I prefer a deep low vibe with my music when appropriate. I just listened to a great bass lick from Great White. Bluesy groove, the speakers never missed a lick. Awesome. I fully planned on a sub or two when I bought these as they perform double duty. Fronts in my HT system. What speakers have you listened to?

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    I listen to a wide range of music. 80's hair band to country. Instrumentals to heavy bass club mixes. The towers have a well balanced sound. I get tight bass down to probably 40 hz. My room is empty due to remodeling and I'm quite certain the acoustics aren't helping. I prefer a deep low vibe with my music when appropriate. I just listened to a great bass lick from Great White. Bluesy groove, the speakers never missed a lick. Awesome. I fully planned on a sub or two when I bought these as they perform double duty. Fronts in my HT system. What speakers have you listened to?
    I have been listening to lots of stuff KEF, Philharmonic 3, Salk Towers, B&W, Golden Ears Definitive Tech, Totem and RAL subs. Favs so far are Philīs and KEF with subs. I am into 60īs rock, jazz, some classical, organ music to work the speakers and a bit of country.

A lot of good stuff. Are they in the same price range as Ascend?

yes most between $2 and 3K with sub. the Phils are 3.5K

I really hope you get a chance to hear the Ascends. I bought mine without hearing them. Often not recommended, but I couldn't be happier. Check out Audioholics forum if you haven't. That's where I heard about Ascend. Lot of helpful folks there.

hoping I get a chance to hear them too but no luck in y area so far. Hate to buy unheard so am leaning toward Phil 3 or KEF at this timee

Maybe try a different thread header. "Looking for audition in Boston area" maybe.