Thread: Van Morrisson

He's excellent on his own but he has a real talent for duets. He does "The Last Laugh" on Mark knopfler's "Sailing to Philadelphia" that's a classic. Out of curiosity, what does it cost to see Van in the Bowl these days?

David

The tickets we had were in the K2 section....a little above middle from the front to back rows, and a little off to the left. They were $28.50....plus something like $6 surcharge because I bought them online.

-curtis

Forgot to add, Diana Reeves was the openning act.

-curtis

bikeman,

thanks for the recommendation! i love mark knopfler. didn't know the two of them did a duet. need to snag that cd.

Another big Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits fan, his last solo release, The Ragpicker's Dream, is a good CD too. Also just noticed, he has a new release due Sept. 28th.

i worked out a trade over ebay for a mark knopfler signature martin guitar. fedex damaged my guitar many months ago and i'm STILL working on the claim. what a mess this has been.

I've been through the grinder with UPS on claims and it appears Fedex uses the same template. If I played guitar, I'd be jealous. :->

David

fedex is being a real pain. they want me to box the guitar up so they can pick it up, etc. i asked them if that was a joke. spawk - "it's just not logical, captain!"