Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Receiver Recommendations for Sierra-2

Default Re: Receiver Recommendations for Sierra-2

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Well I finally got to read a customer review of Emotiva's Fusion 8100

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/t...va-fusion-8100

In short: He found it sounded noticeably better than his previous rather high end receivers: Yamaha RX-V673 and a Marantz SR6005.

Main improvements: Midrange, and (strangely enough) imaging.

However, the 8100 didn't have the headroom of his two previous receivers. He had to increase the volume of the source levels to crank his JBS's to the levels he had with his previous receivers.

He says if he was to get less efficient speakers he would use the preouts of the 8100s to external amps.

Mark
    Emotiva forums get scrubbed of negative posts. You might find the reports in this thread interesting.

I have not read the post, but when someone says one receiver/amp has more headroom than the other because they had to turn up the source volume, has no idea what headroom is.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I have not read the post, but when someone says one receiver/amp has more headroom than the other because they had to turn up the source volume, has no idea what headroom is.
    +1. Not to mention that the comparisons weren't level-matched, weren't quick-switched, weren't blinded, etc.

He used the word headroom on a subsequent post, but yeah on closer reading it appears that he meant something different from the proper meaning of headroom. The 8100 just couldn't attain the volume levels of his other two receivers.

@Kisakuku - I just read some of the thread, and it looks like two people are experiencing finicky HDMI issues with their 8100, something they didn't have it with their previous receivers. One of them then got a NuForce prepro and - oddly it has the same issue! At least those in the States get to return the product on Emotiva's dime. The one guy wanted the 8100 because it is unique for a receiver - it has has 11 bands of manual PEQ plus 3 for the sub.

Mark