Thread: Point tweeter in CBM-170 SE?

Default Point tweeter in CBM-170 SE?

I think the answer is no, but can you aim the tweeter in a CBM-170 SE? Thanks!

Default Re: Point tweeter in CBM-170 SE?

Not independently of the entire speaker cabinet, no.

You can, of course, toe in or angle the entire speaker, but the tweeter is in a fixed position within the speaker cabinet.

On a related note, I'm no fan of independently moveable tweeters. It throws off the off-axis dispersion in a big way. You have to remember that there's a good portion of frequencies where both the tweeter and the midrange driver are overlapping in their crossover region. When you start aiming the tweeter independently of that midrange driver, you create all sorts of sound wave interference that a well designed speaker will otherwise avoid.

Default Re: Point tweeter in CBM-170 SE?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstReflect View Post
    Not independently of the entire speaker cabinet, no.

You can, of course, toe in or angle the entire speaker, but the tweeter is in a fixed position within the speaker cabinet.

On a related note, I'm no fan of independently moveable tweeters. It throws off the off-axis dispersion in a big way. You have to remember that there's a good portion of frequencies where both the tweeter and the midrange driver are overlapping in their crossover region. When you start aiming the tweeter independently of that midrange driver, you create all sorts of sound wave interference that a well designed speaker will otherwise avoid.
    Thanks!