Thread: Please Help Setting Up a Sierra-1 Center

Default Please Help Setting Up a Sierra-1 Center

Howdy Ascend Acoustic community. Can you please give me some recommendations on my current system and how to integrate the new Sierra-1 Center?

Current system:
    Definitive Technology Procinema 600
    Denon AVR-X2000
    Invisio 60" 240hz

This system is better than an entry level **** but the center speaker was terrible. For that reason, my wife has agreed that it's time to upgrade. Because of budget constraints and my understanding of how good Ascend Acoustics speakers are, I'll be upgrading to a Sierra-1 LRC. I've started with the Center. I should have it next week. I understand that I should buy all 3 at once, but that just isn't possible. So, my questions are:

1) I have read some threads about Crossover at 80hz between the sub and the center but I don't really understand this. Can someone please guide me and tell me how to integrate the Sierra-1 into my system? I know that there will be issues because I'll have an awesome center with low grade L/R, but I can't help that right now. This is a slow build that'll last me 20+years (I'm hoping)

2) I am thinking about replacing my Definitive Technology L/R with a set of used HTM-200SE's until I can purchase the Sierra-1 L/R. Will this front stage be significantly better than my current set up w/ the Procinema 600 speakers? Why?

3) During setup, should I allow the Denon AVR-X2000 Audyssey Silver handle the full setup for the best HT listening experience, or are there some manual settings that will be required?

4) Last, I'm planning on mounting the Sierra-1C under the tv and very close to the wall, on one of those "invisible, floating" wall mounts. I'm assuming I'll need to use the Q-Plug kit for best results. Any suggestions on a different mount option for the center?

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help, guidance and feedback!

Lance

Default Re: Please Help Setting Up a Sierra-1 Center

I would run Audyssey but then manually adjust the crossover to 80hz. You could also try a 60hz for just the center if your receiver will allow that.

I think the HTM200's would be better sounding than DefTechs and certainly a better match to a Sierra center channel.