Thread: LVR12 Subs....not enough sub?

Default LVR12 Subs....not enough sub?

I have dual LVR12 subs and I have had a chance to run these things with some movies like the hunger games. These subs are still not able to really rattle my walls. I really want to FEEL the bass. I have them running 12db hotter than what audyssey calls for and the rest of the sound is almost too loud to listen to. They are running LFE and I have them set up to the left and right of my TV. They are set up from audyssey with level matching at 80db as suggested. Perhaps I am expecting too much?
    Last edited by brazosdog02; 03-16-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Default Re: LVR12 Subs....not enough sub?

Quote Originally Posted by brazosdog02 View Post
    I have dual LVR12 subs and I have had a chance to run these things with some movies like the hunger games. These subs are still not able to really rattle my walls. I really want to FEEL the bass. I have them running 12db hotter than what audyssey calls for and the rest of the sound is almost too loud to listen to. They are running LFE and I have them set up to the left and right of my TV. They are set up from audyssey with level matching at 80db as suggested. Perhaps I am expecting too much?
    Quick question, have you tried turning the volume control on the back of each subwoofer up? Also, what are your room dimensions?

Thanks in advance!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Quick question, have you tried turning the volume control on the back of each subwoofer up? Also, what are your room dimensions?

Thanks in advance!
    hmmm....maybe 20x20, but it has a hall attached and another small wing. So its quite a bit of volume. For the most part, they do well. I have only turned the volume on the subs up enough to be at 80db at the LP according to Adyssey. One sub is in a corner, so its volume does not have to be as high. Placement is probably a lot of the issue. Both subs are in the front facing the LP. Im mostly curious if I can expect them to 'rattle the walls'. It may be asking too much of them. I know I have them running about 12db 'hot' from what audyssey set them, which I don't think is all that good. I can't really turn the master volume up anymore because its already really loud, though not at 'reference level'.

Thanks for any insight or tweaks. I don't think there is anything 'wrong' with the subs...just user error probably.

hmmm....maybe 20x20, but it has a hall attached and another small wing. So its quite a bit of volume. For the most part, they do well. I have only turned the volume on the subs up enough to be at 80db at the LP according to Adyssey. One sub is in a corner, so its volume does not have to be as high. Placement is probably a lot of the issue. Both subs are in the front facing the LP. Im mostly curious if I can expect them to 'rattle the walls'. It may be asking too much of them. I know I have them running about 12db 'hot' from what audyssey set them, which I don't think is all that good. I can't really turn the master volume up anymore because its already really loud, though not at 'reference level'.

Thanks for any insight or tweaks. I don't think there is anything 'wrong' with the subs...just user error probably.
    The subs might be sitting in a null in your room. Don't go by what Audyssey recommends for the subwoofers -- go by your ear. On the back of each sub, simply try turning the volume up higher until you reach a point where the subs are providing the output you are looking for.

Also, how do you have the subwoofers connected to your receiver?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    The subs might be sitting in a null in your room. Don't go by what Audyssey recommends for the subwoofers -- go by your ear. On the back of each sub, simply try turning the volume up higher until you reach a point where the subs are providing the output you are looking for.

Also, how do you have the subwoofers connected to your receiver?
    They are connected via LFE. My X4000 AVR has TWO Sub outputs. Also, perhaps its good like it is. I am watching Frozen now, and there are some ice man scenes that simply make your insides jiggle. I can't hear my walls rattle because the sound overpowers it I guess. LOL.
    Last edited by brazosdog02; 03-22-2014 at 04:41 PM.

They are connected via LFE. My X4000 AVR has TWO Sub outputs. Also, perhaps its good like it is. I am watching Frozen now, and there are some ice man scenes that simply make your insides jiggle. I can't hear my walls rattle because the sound overpowers it I guess. LOL.
    Depending on the house/room, and construction...your walls may not rattle.
    -curtis

Important to keep in mind that not everything has room rumbling deep bass. Also, the Rythmik's are very clean and because of that, true deep bass is more felt than heard
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Make sure you have the level control in your receiver menu set correctly.Have it at +1 at the least point.My question to you is are you after accurate bass or boom?There is a difference!