Thread: Rythmik over ML Grotto upgrade??

Default Rythmik over ML Grotto upgrade??

I currently have the new Sierra 2 running with a Martin Logan Grotto sub. This is a 2.1 music system only. The sub is about 8 years old and I have no idea if it's still performing at it's best. It might be. Would replacing the Grotto with a Rythmik F12 be a big upgrade? The specs are very close. Both sealed Servo subs.
    Need opinions.

Default Re: Rythmik over ML Grotto upgrade??

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    I currently have the new Sierra 2 running with a Martin Logan Grotto sub. This is a 2.1 music system only. The sub is about 8 years old and I have no idea if it's still performing at it's best. It might be. Would replacing the Grotto with a Rythmik F12 be a big upgrade? The specs are very close. Both sealed Servo subs.
    Need opinions.
    How does it sound to you?

I wouldn't compare specs, but if it sounds good to you, I would not worry about it.
    -curtis

I went ahead an ordered the Rythmik from Dina yesterday. Remembered that we got a discount within 30 days....The ML will go back into the HT set up.

You can't buy a better sounding (in sound quality) regardless of money. The only thing you can buy is more SPL's The Rythmiks rock! I sadly sold my F15's due to space constraints, and I'm making do with SVS SB-1000's. My living space thanks me but my ears don't.