Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sneaking new speakers past wife...any advice?

Oh man!!! I have no idea how you are going to pass that setup as onkyo sub or speakers.

The digital meter is fine....receiver's test tones should be fine too, but some folks like to get a disc like
    "Avia Guide to Home Theater Home theater information and setup DVD".

Good luck!

-curtis

thanks for answering my questions curtis, but no thanks for having no idea on what advice on this new setup

my wife is going to be home pretty soon...i have decided to just plain lie...yeah, that's what i'll do...got these refurbs and only cost me $100...that's right, yeah

how visual is your wife....can you just tell her they are the same speakers/sub? []

-curtis

Oh man! Are you ever GONNA GET IT when she gets home! I bet I'll be able to hear the screamin' and hollerin' clear over here in Iowa! And here I thought I was the only one that gets in trouble!Good luck! When the dust settles we'll be here for ya' man.

Randy

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, enjoy the new speakers. Oh, and pick up a few movies you want to see, you may have some free time at night you did not have before.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JohnnyCasaba

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, enjoy the new speakers. Oh, and pick up a few movies you want to see, you may have some free time at night you did not have before.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Or...you can get a movie she wants to see, that might help first. Flowers might help too.....make a nice dinner. If not, then you can watch your movies.

-curtis

she noticed right away!..."those speakers are way bigger, and what is that black minifreezer in the corner?"...okay i got them real cheap, used, couldn't pass them up

so far everything is cool...no need for flowers...we just bought another house at her urging and i threw that at her face so what is a few bucks for speakers

yeah, everything is fine...i am by myself during the day and i can blast the sounds without disturbing anyone...and i am just luving the sounds of the 340s...i am still tweaking the hsu and i noticed the boominess when i used the receivers at 80hz, not so much when i used the hsu crossover at 90hz

ahhhh....good news...we were worried about you.

Make sure the speakers are set to small and play with placement. In my room, I needed at least 15" behind the speaker.

-curtis

Curtis, do you mean 15" behind the sub?

nope....15" from the back of my CMT-340's to the wall. Because of how things are positioned now.....it is actually about 20".

-curtis