Thread: Sierra-2, how many chambers?

Question Sierra-2, how many chambers?

Are Sierra-2's 1 chamber or 2?

It is 2 way, not sure otherwise

Default Re: Sierra-2, how many chambers?

Quote Originally Posted by choirbass View Post
    Are Sierra-2's 1 chamber or 2?

It is 2 way, not sure otherwise
    Sorry choirbass -- I do not understand the question. Please clarify and I would be happy to answer.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

sorry, lol. Well, since the Horizon has 3 separate chambers; 1 for each driver, unless it doesn't? whichcase I'm more just lost lol :S

I was wondering if the Sierra monitors were laid out as such. With as good as mine sound, was curious

Speaker engineering really is over my head, I know. Cabinets, drivers, crossovers, and much more, so it's ok
    Last edited by choirbass; 03-19-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choirbass View Post
    sorry, lol. Well, since the Horizon has 3 separate chambers; 1 for each driver, unless it doesn't? whichcase I'm more just lost lol :S

I was wondering if the Sierra monitors were laid out as such. With as good as mine sound, was curious

Speaker engineering really is over my head, I know. Cabinets, drivers, crossovers, and much more, so it's ok
    The towers have 2 separate internal chambers. One chamber is sealed and houses the midrange driver, the other chamber is ported and houses the dual woofers. Very few loudspeaker cabinets are multi-chambered. Our tower is multi-chambered to fully isolate the midrange driver from the woofers, this eliminates intermodulation distortion between the two -- if they shared the same cabinet volume (as common in most loudspeakers) -- the movement of the woofers would cause similar movement in the midrange driver, thus causing the as mentioned type of distortion.

Tweeters do not require air space behind them and are thus sealed and already fully isolated.

In a 2-way speaker (tweeter-woofer), there is no purpose to having more than one internal chamber, it would only decrease internal cabinet volume (negative impact on performance) while increasing manufacturing costs.

Hope this makes sense!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com