Thread: equipment choice with my new Sierra 2's

Default equipment choice with my new Sierra 2's

I currently have two systems in my house. One is my All Emotiva system which consist of the XDA2 amp, USP1 preamp and ERC cd player. The system is strong and clean. My second system is my Marantz PM8004 integrated and Marantz CD6004 player. This system is not as poweful as the Emotiva but has the warmer tone that I like. Which system would be a better match for my new Sierra 2? My one worry about using the Marantz is how would I add a sub to this since there are no sub connection s or controls.
    Any thoughts?

Default Re: equipment choice with my new Sierra 2's

Just based on neutrality, I would think the Emotiva gear would be a better match.

Default Re: equipment choice with my new Sierra 2's

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    I currently have two systems in my house. One is my All Emotiva system which consist of the XDA2 amp, USP1 preamp and ERC cd player. The system is strong and clean. My second system is my Marantz PM8004 integrated and Marantz CD6004 player. This system is not as poweful as the Emotiva but has the warmer tone that I like. Which system would be a better match for my new Sierra 2? My one worry about using the Marantz is how would I add a sub to this since there are no sub connection s or controls.
    Any thoughts?
    Sounds like you already have an answer. But i guess one easier way to really find out, is to bring your marantz into the same room as the emotiva. That way you can really compare the two system. Seems like the marantz has preout too, so you can try it with the emo amp.
    As for connecting to a sub, you can use the preout output to sub, but you wont get any high pass. You can use the low pass for the sub.