Thread: What will Hsu's reponse be and when?

I would not expect Hsu to respond so quickly. They will probably wait for the SVS to hit the market to get a real-world evaluation of it's performance capabilities, then plan a counter-attack. At $399 intro price, along with the published spec's and response graph, I am very interested in this puppy! You won't be disappointed at this price point.

Ed

I agree with Mag on this one. Dr. Hsu is a highly skilled engineer, and those kinds of people, like DaveF, are very thorough.

One thing I can not stress enough....it is so easy to look at specs for a subwoofer, but subs with identical specs can sound different. I have heard subs from both companies, both are great, but they sound different, most notably on the "attack" and "decay" of a note. In essence, they both have a "signature" sound.

Also remember, the $399 price on the PB10 is introductory and SVS has stated that it will go up.

-curtis

They'll have to announce the price before the end of the "pre-order" period so we should know if the pre-order is worth the difference. I guessing it'll be a discount of 7 -10%. If it's less, it won't amount to enough to generate advanced orders and if it's more, it won't hit it's price point.
    I'm sure Dr. Hsu already has his prototype built and ready to go. I'd just like to guess his timing on the release date. I don't want to pull the trigger a week too soon.

David

Totally understood....

It is just like computers/technology though.....always something better around the corner....just maybe not as fast.

One thing I would hope for, from both companies, is larger ports, so that below 25hz, port compression does not come into play at louder volumes...ie. port noise.

-curtis

Port Noise Complaint??

Sorry. I couldn't resist...

hehehe....just at pretty loud levels. To be realistic, there really is not much music below 25hz, and for HT, it is not a very big deal.

-curtis