Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Back of my Rythmik F12 knob settings. Did I do it wrong???

Default Pics of Back of my Rythmik F12 knob settings. Did I do it wrong???

Hi guys ... please take a look at my pics of how I have all the knobs set for my home theater working with Ascend Siera-1 NrT Speakers. Just want to make sure everything is turned the right way.

much appreciated!

image.jpegimage_1.jpegimage_2.jpegimage_3.jpeg
    Last edited by Pianist718; 12-22-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR 4311ci
    L/R - Ascend Sierra-1 NrT
    Center - Ascend Sierra-1 NrT
    Surrounds - Ascend HTM-200
    Sub - Rythmik F12
    TV - Sharp LC-80LE650U 80-inch
    Screen - 135" STR-169135-G Silver Ticket 4K Ultra HD Ready
    Projector - Epson Home Cinema 3100 1080p
    SACD Player - Sony C222ES

Default Re: Pics of Back of my Rythmik F12 knob settings. Did I do it wrong???

That looks fine. Here is a link to an instruction sheet from Rythmik http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download...quickguide.pdf

I would try setting the extension to 14 or 20 and see if you can hear a difference.

Here is an explanation of the PEQ controls http://www.rythmikaudio.com/amplifier_controls.html
    Nate

Not sure about the line-in connection vs. LFE-in, but probably makes no difference. The dials look ok to start. You will want to dial in the crossover closer to the crossover point set in the AVR once you are up and running. The volume should be at twelve o'clock to start and adjusted up or down from there. The filter toggle should be set on AVR/12db. I'd also start with the extension filter toggles at 14hz, hi damping. If you are using an AVR with auto calibration(Audyssey, etc.) and it attenuates(decreases) the sub level significantly, reduce the sub volume knob and rerun the auto cal. If it needs to boost the sub level significantly, do the opposite. It will take a bit of trial and error so give yourself some time to play.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

If the AVR is handling the crossover(and it is), then leave the crossover to the highest point on the sub amp. Otherwise you will be filtering out more signal that you want.

Also use the LFE in instead of the Line In....then the phase and crossover control on the amp does not matter....it leaves that work to the receiver.
    -curtis

thank you guys ... great info.

I've already did all the Audyssey set up. This setting has been this way for me for the last 1 year, so we'll see what happens once I change to LFE input.
    Sub - Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by Pianist718 View Post
    thank you guys ... great info.

I've already did all the Audyssey set up. This setting has been this way for me for the last 1 year, so we'll see what happens once I change to LFE input.
    You should re-run Audyssey.
    -curtis

Ahh, really hate to rerun the set up. It took me a while to finally get the sound i want so unless you're telling me that this change in input is a big change and average person will hear the difference....
    Sub - Rythmik F12

Here is another link. I think this is the most helpful chart describing the different extension modes http://www.rythmikaudio.com/eq.html
    Nate

Someone told me that if my crossover is at 80hz or lower then no need to use LFE, or to phrase it differently, there won't be a difference that I'll notice if I change to LFE. However, if I have it crossed over at 100, they said to change
    Sub - Rythmik F12

Is it necessary to have an AVR connected to both LFE inputs via Y-cable, or simply use either LFE 1 or LFE 2 from the Sub 1 output on a Denon x-4000? I assume the answer would be the same for both the F12 as well as the FV15HP? (I am getting the FV15HP)