Thread: 340's in my LR/HT

so how close is the listening position to the speakers? How far apart will the speakers be?

-curtis

The diagram didn't transmit well. The Listening position is centered on the speakers right up against the back wall. The speakers will be six feet apart and approx. eight feet from the listening position.

David

I think that should work well. My LP is about 9'-10' from the speakers, and the speakers are little less than 7' apart. I do wish I had a bigger room though.

-curtis

Thanks, Curtis. I'm going to give them a try. I'd like to take advantage of the free shipping on the whole package but that might send my wife into orbit. This is her livingroom. I just get to use it if I don't get too outta line. A new center channel or sub will be next depending on how my current CC blends with the 340's. If it's acceptable, the new sub will take priority.

David

what center channel do you have?

-curtis

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...p1e&type=store

I bought this based strickly on size. There was just enough room between the TV and the top of the entertainment center (5") for this to fit without modification. With the doors of the entertainment center closed, the CC and the TV are hidden. The entertainment center is a very nice Mission style that fits into our Mission Style home. There is zero chance that I will ever get this out of the livingroom.
    When I get the 340 CC, I will have to modify the entertainment center to make it fit. This may require a professional carpenter but with some forethought, I may be able to pull it off myself. I just have to make sure that the outside of the EC dosen't change.
    My current CC is surprisingly decent. It's not a timbre match to my Mission speakers but it gets the job done. I listen to music in two channel so the only time the CC is in use is for movies and some music DVD's.
    I've got the inexpensive Dayton sub which is also decent for movies but I don't use it for music. That's why the sub is the priority. I want to use it full time for music as well. The about to be released SVS 10" has my interest. I've got another month or two to decide.

David

OK.....got it.

One thing to keep in mind though, if you use the 340c, is that you will want a good amount of clearance behind the speaker.

-curtis