Thread: Marantz PM6005 with Sierra 1???

Default Marantz PM6005 with Sierra 1???

I'm building a new system and I'm on a budget. Does anyone have experience with the Marantz pm6005 with the Sierra 1's. Is 45wpc enough to drive them in a 22x13x8 room (carpeted)? I would like any input before purchasing.
    Thx in advance for any advice.

Default Re: Marantz PM6005 with Sierra 1???

Welcome to the forum! Audioholics had a very positive review of that integrated amp (Marantz PM6005), so I have little doubt it would have no problem driving the Sierras 1s to fill your room with great sound. Both would be very fine choices imo. An amazon reviewer of that Marantz even has it running Salk speakers in a 30'x30' room (!?) with ceiling peaking at 25' (!?) and it was fine.

Mark

Thanks Mark---That's good news. I can get a good deal on a PM8005, but it's still stretching my budget. I also was at a friends house and listened to a Yamaha as500 A/B'd against a 3 year old Cambridge audio 40wpc integrated. And I was really impressed with the $400 Yamaha over the Cambridge. They were running them through some NHT's (also 86db sensitivity.) It made me wonder. I'll look for that review on amazon.
    Brian

That is a great news. Thanks for sharing it Mark !
    Get fast success in 350-080 dumps - pass4sure and wikipedia exam questions by using our latest exam University of California, Los Angeles also offer up-to-date ECCOUNCIL and answers for your prep of IFPUG