Thread: Acoustic Treatments

Question Acoustic Treatments

Where should I put more acoustic treatment panels? I don't have an unlimited supply, but I have 10-20 more 1 foot squares. Just continue going further on the right? Would panels behind the speakers do any benefit?

The floor has a throw carpet, 9 foot ceiling, and to the left of this picture the other wall is 10 feet away.

Please excuse the mess, I'm a slob

Untitled.png

e: Oh and thanks for the recommendation on the speaker wall mounts, Dave, they work perfectly!
    Last edited by fozzythebear; 08-25-2023 at 01:59 PM.

Default Re: Acoustic Treatments

I would put some behind the speakers. Some of the sound travels around the speaker towards the wall and then bounces back and interferes with the sound. Some treatments there should help.

Can you put sound treatments on the wall directly behind you? That might minimize some echo in the room? I wouldn't recommend covering up too much since some reflections help the speakers to sound more spacious. Even though you're probably not getting symmetrical reverberations either, so maybe more sound dampening is better. I wish I knew more about it. Maybe you can just use some double sided tape and try it out different ways. Especially if you can have someone else move the panels and you just listen with your eyes closed.
    Nate

Guess you can't move the setup a bit to the left and then remount the speakers so the right one isn't in a corner?

Although you have the panels, maybe reach out to one of the suppliers like GIK for a free analysis of your room and get recommendations on panels (although you have some) and placement?
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

I'd run REW and see where your worst reflections are coming from, and treat those spots.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.