Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Need speakers for home theater. Help me decide!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default Need speakers for home theater. Help me decide!!

    Hello Ascendants (?)

    I'm currently building my home theater, and am looking at buying the Sierra Tower and center with the ribbon upgrades for my LCR speakers.


    I'm a bit undecided which speakers to use for my surrounds & back though. Looked at going with 2 pairs of the CMB 170, but then again am wondering if I should stretch my already stretched budget 'bout $600 bucks more and go for Sierra-1 surrounds (b-stock). Or maybe Sierra 1 for surround left/right and CMB 170 for rear...

    Can someone who knows these speakers please chime in on how these blend together in terms of sound?

    I'm also looking to get two Rhythmic LVX12 subs (instead of SVS PB2000), and 4x RSL ceiling speakers for Dolby Atmos.


    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NW Pennsylvania
    Posts
    460

    Default Re: Need speakers for home theater. Help me decide!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post
    Hello Ascendants (?)

    I'm currently building my home theater, and am looking at buying the Sierra Tower and center with the ribbon upgrades for my LCR speakers.


    I'm a bit undecided which speakers to use for my surrounds & back though. Looked at going with 2 pairs of the CMB 170, but then again am wondering if I should stretch my already stretched budget 'bout $600 bucks more and go for Sierra-1 surrounds (b-stock). Or maybe Sierra 1 for surround left/right and CMB 170 for rear...

    Can someone who knows these speakers please chime in on how these blend together in terms of sound?

    I'm also looking to get two Rhythmic LVX12 subs (instead of SVS PB2000), and 4x RSL ceiling speakers for Dolby Atmos.


    Cheers!
    I think any of your choices will work fine together. How are you mounting your surrounds? If hanging them on a wall, then I'd suggest the HTM-200 instead of the CMB-170 and the Sierra Luna instead of the Sierra-1 with little or no drop in performance. Potentially the Luna's would be the best performer with their wide dispersion and ability to be mounted in the most ideal location. http://www.ascendacoustics.com/Merch..._Code=LSPK-2CH
    Nate

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,894

    Default Re: Need speakers for home theater. Help me decide!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post
    Hello Ascendants (?)

    I'm currently building my home theater, and am looking at buying the Sierra Tower and center with the ribbon upgrades for my LCR speakers.


    I'm a bit undecided which speakers to use for my surrounds & back though. Looked at going with 2 pairs of the CMB 170, but then again am wondering if I should stretch my already stretched budget 'bout $600 bucks more and go for Sierra-1 surrounds (b-stock). Or maybe Sierra 1 for surround left/right and CMB 170 for rear...

    Can someone who knows these speakers please chime in on how these blend together in terms of sound?

    I'm also looking to get two Rhythmic LVX12 subs (instead of SVS PB2000), and 4x RSL ceiling speakers for Dolby Atmos.


    Cheers!
    Hi Jeeper,

    There are a couple of different options I would recommend, depending on placement and usage. Please feel free to send us an email or give us a call.
    .
    .
    .
    Good Sound To You!

    David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Need speakers for home theater. Help me decide!!

    Thanks. Didn't know about the Luna (not listed on the website?), but will certainly look into it.

    In term of placement, the fronts will be sitting behind an AT screen. Surrounds will be on the wall.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Loveland, Colorado
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: Need speakers for home theater. Help me decide!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post
    Thanks. Didn't know about the Luna (not listed on the website?), but will certainly look into it.

    In term of placement, the fronts will be sitting behind an AT screen. Surrounds will be on the wall.
    In case you haven't found on the website, here's the link.
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...-Mini-Monitor!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Need speakers for home theater. Help me decide!!

    AND, since THAT topic is currently 930 posts long, HERE is one that cuts to the chase:
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...d-measurements

    Highly recommended.

    I think maybe Dave doesn't get around to putting the Lunas on the main web-page because he's afraid he'll get too many orders!
    Last edited by jimb; 09-30-2018 at 03:41 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Need speakers for home theater. Help me decide!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    AND, since THAT topic is currently 930 posts long, HERE is one that cuts to the chase:
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...d-measurements

    Highly recommended.

    I think maybe Dave doesn't get around to putting the Lunas on the main web-page because he's afraid he'll get too many orders!
    haha that helps! Thanks!
    I'm just getting into the higher end audio, and I can't wait to wrap up the build to get these speakers. I think a good way to judge a speaker company is the barebones website (probably from the 90s? lol) but still has an excellent reputation and very happy and committed customers spreading the knowledge in many forums. Spending money where it matters, and letting the rest take care of itself!

    Music to my ears!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,894

    Default Re: Need speakers for home theater. Help me decide!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    AND, since THAT topic is currently 930 posts long, HERE is one that cuts to the chase:
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...d-measurements

    Highly recommended.

    I think maybe Dave doesn't get around to putting the Lunas on the main web-page because he's afraid he'll get too many orders!
    We finally received another production run of Luna cabinets (last Friday). We have been building them up to fulfill backorders and I am happy to say we now have a good supply of all components that should hold us through the holidays. We should have the Luna's on our site within about 1 week

    The cabinets look stunning!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .
    .
    .
    Good Sound To You!

    David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •