Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Are Ascends ugly or is it just me?

Brad...I can't get to your pics anymore. Did you move them?

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

Quit showing that thing off!

-curtis

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hehe...sorry Curtis. But I HAD to show the color of the wood to make my point ;-)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by twalker294

OK, I just found this thread so I'll put in my 2 cents. I for one am glad the Ascends look the way they do. My new family room/home theater is all stained red oak:

As you can see, it would be quite difficult to match the color of my wood and honestly I wouldn't want to. As for gloss black, I think that just looks tacky unless your room us ultra-modern. I think my Ascends blend in perfectly with my room and the wife has never complained ;-)

Todd

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nice set up.......show off!

[]

Curtis,

I have been shuffling a lot of web files around these days and haven't settled on a permanent home for much of it. This one is still up though

love those things.....magnetic grills too, right?

Is that a new top mounted tweeter you are testing for David? []

-curtis

Yep, magnetic grills. Although if I were to do them over I would have done them slightly different. They fall off at the slightest bump, so they aren't too useful. I didn't intend to use them anyway, so I don't car much.

What is a Mini-Stratus and where does one find it? I looked a few times now since these were mentioned, but I can't seem to find them @ AV123. Are they even speakers? All this talk has got me curious.

Greg, the Mini-Stratus will not be available for a while, but you can read about it here:
    http://forum.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4595

-curtis

thanks Curtis, you're Johnny..err. Curtis on the spot, as always! []

interesting indeed. I can see some people loving the looks and some people, umm.. not so much.