Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Are Ascends ugly or is it just me?

i wonder how many folks jumped in on the free shipping deal at the last minute (yday)

Brad,

The stf-1/2/3 were not available when I had my sub made. Also, I wanted the sub enclosure to be as small as possible. My 12" sub is about half the size of the stf-3.

Derek

Derek,

Makes sense. The STFs weren't out when I bought mine either.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mag_Neato

Hey Curtis,

If the Ascends are considered "ugly", have you seen Mark's new Mini-Stratas over on AV123? Quite the piece of furniture!

Ed
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hmm... here we go again, another turd from heaven. Just so we are straight, why did your beef with the poster of THIS thread transcend to Mark or AV123? WHY? I don't even think he owns rockets, or came to start trouble. look at his post history (granted only 9) and you may agree that it seems that if he was able to get a more attractive (In His Opinion) he would be all about the ascends...

Christian

Christian....what is going on? That was a fair amount of posts ago...nothing came of it....and those speakers do look very nice. So no need to stir anything up, there was not attack on any other speaker company.

The original poster mentioned Rockets in his post. Nobody said anything negative about the Mini-Stratas, and the poster was not responding to some constructive posts.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">you may agree that it seems that if he was able to get a more attractive (In His Opinion) he would be all about the ascends...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Exactly....but he kept asking the same question after it had been answered.

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

Christian....what is going on? That was a fair amount of posts ago...nothing came of it....and those speakers do look very nice. So no need to stir anything up, there was not attack on any other speaker company.

The original poster mentioned Rockets in his post. Nobody said anything negative about the Mini-Stratas, and the poster was not responding to some constructive posts.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">you may agree that it seems that if he was able to get a more attractive (In His Opinion) he would be all about the ascends...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Exactly....but he kept asking the same question after it had been answered.

-curtis

Curtis, it may have happened a few posts ago, but there was a DEFINATE underlying attack...can you not see it?

If you think I am ugly, have you seen my sister???

ok, now lets see, who do you think is uglier just by what is suggested by the above statement??? Me or my sister (oh boy REALLY leaving the door WIDE open on this one) :-)

Why do you feel the need to defend the poster whom I called out? This isnt even ABOUT Onix or AV123, yet he found a way to get the dig in, like I have seen in this, and other Forums time and time again.

I lurk in numberous forums, and NEVER start these little squables, but I do not run from them either. You said Rocket was named in the first post, and I concur, but why no insults flying the way of Axiom?

Why insults flying at all? And whats with the Amway comment someone dropped earlier, have you guys even READ THIS forum???

And why when the "fists" start to fly you feel the need to protect the guy who happens to own Ascends...right or wrong?

As long as I have a place here, I will enjoy reading some of the posts here and learn more about a brand of speaker I can not wait to hear myself, but, I will continue to call out inflamitory remarks, so if you can't handle that, ask me to not post here anymore, I'll hapily go away.

why not chastize Mag Neato curtis?

Christian

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cjsparky

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mag_Neato

Hey Curtis,

If the Ascends are considered "ugly", have you seen Mark's new Mini-Stratas over on AV123? Quite the piece of furniture!

Ed

Hmm... here we go again, another turd from heaven. Just so we are straight, why did your beef with the poster of THIS thread transcend to Mark or AV123? WHY? I don't even think he owns rockets, or came to start trouble. look at his post history (granted only 9) and you may agree that it seems that if he was able to get a more attractive (In His Opinion) he would be all about the ascends...

Christian

Honestly Curtis,

I have absolutely no IDEA why you would have ANY problem with anything I have said in this post...

please explain how me pointing out someone elses inflamitory remarks is "stirring it up"

Christian

I guess the problem is I thought he complementing the look of the Mini-Strata. I think it looks great.

If you thought otherwise....I apologize.

Also..I expect you do act accordingly on other forums.

-curtis

Maybe he mis typed what he meant, but if you read it...

I do act accordingly on other forums, same name wherever I am, actually on AVS recently I vas rather critical of Artesyn, whom I believe to be an utter idiot. I think I may have seen you over there a few times during the calling out...I assume that is what you meant by act accordingly?

my apologies to being oversensitive here as well, maybe artysn has me wound up too tight.

Peace all

Christian

Whoa.....easy killer!

There was no "implied" meaning other than to illustrate the two very different approaches to finishing these two fine speakers. If cost were not a prohibiting factor in my choices, I would LOVE to have a pair of gorgeously finished transducers. Before I purchased the 170's I almost ordered Swan Diva 2.1's from AV123. Almost. It would have required another 6-12 months of saving but I did not want to wait! I prize sound quality over cosmetics, and for what I could afford at the time, I settled for vinyl over wood. Maybe some day I will have more patience once I have saved up $300 to keep saving....$300 seems to be my melting point!

Ed