Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Are Ascends ugly or is it just me?

Sorry bikeman, although I don't agree about the AV123 forum sounding like an Amway convention I think I misread your post, so please don't take offense, my fault entirely. I wasn't specifically referring to any one comment, post or person in my reply, just the general feel of this thread (or where it was headed). There seems to have been a lot of misplaced, oddly deep seated resentment and discord between the online manufacturers "posse's" lately and I find it disturbing and sad, that's all I was saying.

Curtis - I'm currently running the 340's/170's/SVS for my HT and my 550's/UFW-10's for 2 channel. I sort of wish I had another room to put the Cse's in but I don't so I have to decide which (the Cse's or Ascends) gets put away until I get a bigger house. It's a tough decision, but fun!

Well...you have more room than I do. I just have one for everything. I think YOU should do a two(2.1)channel comparison. []

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

Well...you have more room than I do. I just have one for everything. I think YOU should do a two(2.1)channel comparison. []

-curtis

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't know, my 750sq foot house challenges yours to a smallness duel!

As for a 2.1 channel comparision, I literally laughed out loud when I read that. No chance, no way, no how! :P

OK....I got you beat by just a little in the sq. footage department, not by much though. I still do not have another good room for 2-channel system.

glad you laughed

-curtis

Hey Curtis,

If the Ascends are considered "ugly", have you seen Mark's new Mini-Stratas over on AV123? Quite the piece of furniture!

Ed

Yeah...saw that....looks very nice.

-curtis

I'm coming in here a little late, but I like the looks of the ascend speakers. I agree with the person (I forget who) who said they have a "stealth look". They don't stand out, which is exactly what I wanted.

Heck, I even had a custom sub made to look just like them!

Derek

P.S. I just checked out those mini stratas, and they do look very nice.

Derek,

A custom sub to look like them? Why not a Hsu STF-1/2/3? They use a nearly identical black vinyl wrap.

Ugly speakers need love too. It's what's inside that counts. Mine are due in next week. []

i once dated a girl who was hot...turns out she was a real B*@cH!