Thread: Pro Studio Monitors vs Ascend Speakers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Pro Studio Monitors vs Ascend Speakers

Sonicboom....having played drums for nearly 50 years, been in a lot of studio, the Yamaha monitors NS-10 were some of the worst sounding speaker you would ever hear...every single producer and engineer said the same thing in every studio I was in .....if you get your stuff to sound good on these...it will sound GREAT on everything else...they felt most people would hear your tune on a car radio of poor quality ....the NS-10 were the reference standard for that purpose...I can't imagine anyone enjoying those types of speaker for home use....just my 2 cents..I believe any of Dave's speakers will give you more enjoyment of your music in home. Greg

Default Re: Pro Studio Monitors vs Ascend Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Paddlefoot View Post
    Sonicboom....having played drums for nearly 50 years, been in a lot of studio, the Yamaha monitors NS-10 were some of the worst sounding speaker you would ever hear...every single producer and engineer said the same thing in every studio I was in .....if you get your stuff to sound good on these...it will sound GREAT on everything else...they felt most people would hear your tune on a car radio of poor quality ....the NS-10 were the reference standard for that purpose...I can't imagine anyone enjoying those types of speaker for home use....just my 2 cents..I believe any of Dave's speakers will give you more enjoyment of your music in home. Greg
    I was a bit kinder in my comments regarding the NS-10, which was replaced by the HS-80 (the subject of this thread), but Greg certainly nailed it...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com