Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: best amp for sierra-1nrt

Default Re: best amp for sierra-1nrt

GM, please show respect to your fellow man. I've never heard such a sour tone on this forum. If we need to brighten up, so be it, but you need to lighten up. This is just a hobby! Also, I much prefer that there is no dark sarcasm in the classroom, thank you. .
    Haha sorry yeah tone gets lost on many posts it seems... If it was not obvious that my post was meant to be in jest/humorous then I guess I don't know I didn't make a very good job then.. If I did seem to lack respect on my fellow man, a dozen apologies... It wasn't on purpose, I do believe that everyone has the potential to be logic and reasonable, it's just that it takes a bit of effort to achieve... It so it pains me when individuals do not bother...

So no copper wire from Home Depot for this guy, even though they might sound exactly the same, because I truly think my speakers would be upset about such a lack of respect, lol.
    I don't know I guess I get irked easily with such issues... So using normal cables is a lack of respect for speakers? They deserve overpriced audiophile cables? And why is that exactly? I guess just trying to weasel in myths instead of clearly stating upfront that you believe that normal copper cables are inferior to overpriced cables, irks me.

Why continually insinuate that they are better without ever clearly stating that this is what you believe? Why not state clearly your beliefs so they can be discussed? I think that in our society, a lot of people who hold strange beliefs fear to state them publicly for fear of ridicule and critique... I guess it's a normal reaction, but if that's the case, then it must be evident to such individuals that their beliefs are most likely to be ridiculed and rebuked... If that's the case, shouldn't they question their beliefs and really weigh whether or not they are warranted? That would be my reaction... But instead, they'll try their best to be vague and only make insinuations about their beliefs? Ex: "I believe overpriced power cables make my speakers sound better" vs "maybe you should try an expensive power cable and you might be surprised at the results!"

I don't know I guess dishonesty offends me... Why not clearly state your beliefs so they can be discussed instead of being vague and making unclear insinuations about myths and whatnot?

Idiots who believe in utterly ridiculous shit are no more different than you. What I mean by that; I'm sure you're not a stupid person, but on that one topic; speaker wire, you've essentially dropped the ball by allowing yourself to believe that maybe your overpriced cable sounds better than a regular cable...
    I think this was problematic, even though I stated (or at least tried) to state what I meant... I meant that everybody is wrong in some things, and that someone who is wrong on something evident for many (such as Santa-Claus, tooth fairy, etc.) are no different than others who are wrong on other less evident things; such as audio cables or any other myth... I'm no different. I'm most probably wrong on many things, and the only thing we can do about it is to strive to do due diligence to validate our beliefs. It's not always easy or simple to do so, but one of the worst sin IMHO is not bothering to do so, and even worse even ignoring/dismissing information/evidence which does not support our beliefs.

I think that's what offends me most, and the fault is the same in any domain, and you do see it everywhere you look. It's not the beliefs themselves, it's the intellectual failure which leads to those false beliefs which annoys me to no end... It's the "not bothering" to validate your beliefs... It's intellectual bankruptcy... If I stated falsehoods or inaccuracies, I'd be thankful for them to be highlighted and rebutted, and that's why I think it's important to state what you believe clearly. But some do the opposite, they try to weasel in their beliefs and want them to be respected instead of examined and discussed... It's ludicrous! Beliefs are to be respected on their own merits. If you're reluctant to state them clearly because you fear ridicule, oftentimes rightfully so, and you're only making vague insinuations, you've already defeated your own arguments because you yourself admit your argument isn't even worthy to be clearly expressed...

Anywho...
    This is just a hobby!
    Haha! This offends me too! The cable 1% rule was nonsense. The "This is just a hobby!" is just saying: "it doesn't matter!", but it does matter... In everything, it's the slippery slope of allowing intellectual laziness... What it's a hobby so we can all be stupid and say stupid things and it doesn't matter? No it does matter... Logic/reason matters everywhere! It's not like because this is a hobby we can all say and believe stupid shit... Sigh.. See it's that mentality, that we all get to be stupid and it's perfectly ok because in the end it never matters... It always matters!!!
    Last edited by GirgleMirt; 11-30-2013 at 08:49 AM.

The last several pages suggest to me that we're not going to solve this here. So, in the interest of forum unity, I think we might all have to agree to disagree on this.

I respect everyone here and I think we're all a cut above the usual "audiophile fray." The general goodwill and tolerance is a welcome oasis. Let's pack up our beliefs on this and spend more time enjoying the music during this holiday season.

I'll catch you guys in another thread!
    -Jacob

Double wow! Whatever has made you so bitter in your life I'm just thankful I have had none of it. I'd say take her easy but it's probably not in your cards.

lol I'm not bitter at all It's just some things irk me more than others. Dishonesty and mental laziness being two of the worse offenders. I'm not saying there's two types of people, but there's two types of people: Those who care about the truth, and those who don't. If you don't care about the truth; knowing if what you believe is right or wrong, you're basically sabotaging your own mind and making it very likely that you'll hold false beliefs, to me that's a capital sin. Intellectual bankruptcy... It annoys me to no end.

Some things are true, others aren't. In cables, either fancy audiophile cables make an audible difference, or not. It's not a matter of opinion; it's a matter of what is real and what isn't. And if it does make a difference, why and how? And is it an improvement or is it degradation? These questions have been answered... Anyhow, I guess I'm too optimistic and just shouldn't bother... People will always believe in all sorts of nonsense, and many aren't even interested in knowing what is true/real and what is not...

But yeah D.R. is right, way off topic... back to your regular programming