Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: best amp for sierra-1nrt

Cool best amp for sierra-1nrt

Hi,
    I select integrated amplifier for sierra-1 NRT, the amount of up to $ 1,000
    2 channel stereo.
    the room is not large, preferences in music: rock 70s (Slade, Smokey)
    instrumental music.
    What are the considerations?

Default Re: best amp for sierra-1nrt

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    Hi,
    I select integrated amplifier for sierra-1 NRT, the amount of up to $ 1,000
    2 channel stereo.
    the room is not large, preferences in music: rock 70s (Slade, Smokey)
    instrumental music.
    What are the considerations?
    Hi Rock,

I see that someone in another thread is considering the same type of thing. I too would like to know if anyone has experimented with what amps and preamps work best with the Sierra.

Regarding integrated amps, most don't have dacs but some do. I'm not sure if you would prefer one with a dac or not.

The Absolute Sound has their list of best integrated amps under $1000 which might be a good place to start. It's possible that a great integrated for one speaker may not be the best for another speaker.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...rs-under-1000/

Keep us posted!
    best wishes,
    Mark

My interest, the same question, just as in you.
    That it is better: amplifier + preamplifier, for example:
    (XPA-200+USP-1) or integrated? If it is integrated that for a brand: Arcam, Roksan,Exposure,Music Hall.
    Who, has experience with these amplifiers?
    The good sound for a super stereo is necessary.
    Regards, Rock
    Last edited by Rock; 11-08-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Hi Rock
    That XPA-200 and USP-1 combination would be hard to beat for value/performance I would think. And they're on sale. If you have the room for separates that's what I would do. Now, I haven't heard any comparisons between that Emotiva combination and, say, the Marantz integrated PM8004, but it would be nice to know.
    Mark

Hi Rock!

I ran my Sierra-1 pair (standard tweeter) on the XPA-200 for 13 months. It was fantastic! I can recommend that amplifier highly.

I don't have any experience with integrated amplifiers, so I cannot offer a comparison.
    -Jacob

It has been demonstrated enough times that the sound quality between good modern solid state electronics played within their limits is not readily audible.

I think the more important considerations are power levels (headroom), build quality/reliability, noise floor, and probably most important is that the selected item has the feature set you require.

The Sierras present an easy enough load that low impedance amps aren't necessary to drive them, selection should be pretty much open.

I've driven my speakers with inexpensive Yamaha receivers, as well as much more expensive Anthem separates, try as I might, I could discern no difference in SQ. The feature set, however, made it possible to achieve a much better sounding system due to bass management, and room correction. The noise floor was also quieter with the separates.

If you are planning on integrating a sub, or trying to help fix acoustics in your listening space, I would recommend a multi-channel receiver with those features.

Jay

I'm currently using an Arcam A28 with Nordost cables driving my Sierra 1's. I really enjoy this combo. I've used Parasound, Adcom, Music Hall & Musical Fidelity in the past. The Arcam has been my favorite so far. I would try to demo both British and American and see what suits your musical tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    It has been demonstrated enough times that the sound quality between good modern solid state electronics played within their limits is not readily audible.

I think the more important considerations are power levels (headroom), build quality/reliability, noise floor, and probably most important is that the selected item has the feature set you require.

The Sierras present an easy enough load that low impedance amps aren't necessary to drive them, selection should be pretty much open.

I've driven my speakers with inexpensive Yamaha receivers, as well as much more expensive Anthem separates, try as I might, I could discern no difference in SQ. The feature set, however, made it possible to achieve a much better sounding system due to bass management, and room correction. The noise floor was also quieter with the separates.

If you are planning on integrating a sub, or trying to help fix acoustics in your listening space, I would recommend a multi-channel receiver with those features.

Jay
    Yes, I think you're right, taking into account the need to choose a set of features and goals for the future are to be implemented in this system.

you think that the difference between the integrated and amplifier, is not ? I understand that the "ears" are different, and the sound quality is very individual. Therefore, I collect information easily identify what I need and where to start.
    Pereslushat all amplifiers is simply not possible! Oh, and for what?
    By the way, I plan to connect to the south.
    At this time, the emotiva no-CD, what do you recommend in conjunction with XPA -200?
    Regards,Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    Pereslushat all amplifiers is simply not possible!
    Russian-English Google translate does hiccup once in a while, doesn't it?

Recently Bought the Emotiva XPA-2 after blowing up my parasound 2125.
    At 799.00 on sale its hard to beat, I did try the XPA-200 And it was very good,
    however I do push the volume, And it was getting VERY warm to Hott....after my previous
    experience I wanted something that doesn't break a sweat. The Amp is DEAD quiet,
    with enough clean power to get everything from the Seirra's.
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >