Hey All,

For those browsers of AVS I apologize for the repetition, but I didn't get much response on AVS.

I have drawn up a quick schematic of my 1st floor and I was hoping for some tips for my speaker placement. I don't have an expensive mic and I hadn't planned on spending too much time calibrating the system (unless you guys recommend otherwise). I ordered Ascend Acoustic 340's for the front three, 170's for the surround and an LV12R. I have a pair of surround stands currently mounted on either side of the couch. I also have bookshelves currently sitting below either window on the floor -- to the left and right of my entertainment stand and angled slightly inward. The center is sitting on top of the entertainment stand. My system is powered by Sony DN840. Floor is bamboo but I have several large area rugs throughout the first floor.

You guys have taught me that it is ideal to have tweeters of front sound stage at ear level. I didn't purchase stands for my left and right. Should I consider stands? Also, I don't need to fill the entire first floor, but I do want to know if the newly purchased setup will fill the listening area. I use the system for 70% HT, 20% Music and 10% Games. Any recommendations will be helpful as I am quite new to quality sound equipment.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg