Thread: New from TN

Post New from TN

Hello,

I'm a new member from Knoxville, TN, and also new to quality audio. I set up my first stereo listening room 18 months ago in a small spare bedroom. I only wish I had learned about Ascend before I bought speakers for that setup!

This is a great forum. I have scanned many of the threads and read the entire Tower thread - whew! Huge thanks to the members and to Dave for posting so much helpful information!! I can tell from Dave's thoughtful replies that he is passionate about his products, a person of integrity, and has a great sense of humor. I really enjoyed reading the back and forth between Dave and members as he teasingly leaked little bits of info about the upcoming Sierra-2. Even I can't stand the suspense!

Now I definitely need to upgrade the 5.1 system in my living room and have decided on Sierra Towers and Horizon Center with RAAL for the front. I haven't decided on surrounds or sub yet.

Anyway, I will be contacting Ascend directly this week, but I just wanted you all to know what a great atmosphere you have created with this forum. It's very refreshing to find such a cooperative environment where people can freely give and receive advice without the hostility found on many audiophile forums.

I can't wait to hear those Towers!!

Default Re: New from TN

Anybody who has read through the entire Tower thread has passed the Ascend test to membership with flying colors hehe! Welcome to the forum Peabody!

Mark

Thanks Mark! I spoke with Dina at Ascend yesterday, very helpful as I expected from all the positive forum comments. I'll be placing an order soon.

Hi Peabody!

Welcome to the forum. It's great to have you on-board. I agree with markie--anyone who has read the entire Tower Thread is a well-deserving member. Your initiation is complete!

Once you've placed an order, the hardest part becomes the excruciatingly-long waiting period...
    -Jacob

I placed my order today! Big thanks to Dina for all her help!

Sierra Tower and Horizon Center w/RAAL - Satin Espresso, CBM-170, and F15HP.

Now the wait begins...

Outstanding! There's nothing like going straight to the top. You're gonna have one awesome setup, Peabody. I'll go ahead and order up a few hundred drool bibs for ya. Trust me, you're gonna need 'em.

Thanks for sharing!
    -Jacob

Thanks! "Straight to the top." I like that. I do feel just a little guilty jumping into this hobby, passion, obsession, whatever it is, and taking advantage of all the experience Dave and customers like you have accumulated over the years. But I'm sure I will get over that guilt when I hear the speakers.

And if the drool bibs are necessary, which I fully expect will be the case, then I will be one extremely happy listener!

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
    I placed my order today! Big thanks to Dina for all her help!

Sierra Tower and Horizon Center w/RAAL - Satin Espresso, CBM-170, and F15HP.

Now the wait begins...
    WOW, I can only dream of having started out with the speaker system you've got on order. I bought my first stereo integrated amp, turntable, and speakers over 40 years ago, and these are far, and away the best I've ever owned.

In my humble opinion, the Towers/Horizon offer world class performance at what can only be described as a world class bargain. The value/cost ratio is off the charts astronomical!

Welcome to the Ascend forum!

What style/genre of music do you typically listen to?

Jay
    Last edited by petmotel; 11-08-2013 at 11:22 AM.

I do feel very fortunate to be able to get such quality speakers this early in my journey! Although I say I'm new to "quality audio," I have had an entry-level HT setup for about 5 years, a low-end Onkyo AV receiver and Def Tech Pro Cinema 600 speakers. This will be a HUGE step up.

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    What style/genre of music do you typically listen to?
    Rock (they call it "Classic Rock" now, makes me feel old)
    Vocalists from 50s/60s
    Classical (a lot more in the past year)

Have a small collection of multichannel SACDs of which I've only heard the Redbook CD layer. Upgrading to a universal player and a new AVR along with the speakers, so I'm looking forward to finally hearing the multichannel version.

Thanks!
    Mike