Thread: Living room size ok for CMT 340's? (and other setup questions)

Default Living room size ok for CMT 340's? (and other setup questions)

Ello,
    We just moved & I am working on our new living room setup. I would appreciate some input
    The room has three walls. 13 feet wide, 14 feet 3 inches long. Left side opens to the kitchen, right side has a door & a 6' window. Back wall has a 3 foot window & a 5 foot opening into another room. The floor is fake wood laminate.
    I plan on covering the windows with blackout curtains & putting some rugs down on the floor to help with reverb. Maybe some acoustic panels too.

Is the space too small for my CMT 340's? (plan to have 3 across the front)
    How far from the back wall?
    How far from the side wall?
    Is one 12 inch sub enough? (SVS pb12)

Thanks!

Default Re: Living room size ok for CMT 340's? (and other setup questions)

You're room is not too small. I would start with the speakers about a foot from the wall. Measure the distance from your main listening position. Your front left and right speakers should be separated by a distance equal to or less than the distance you're away from them. Then, you should experiment with moving them around a little and find what sounds best to you.
    Nate

Default Re: Living room size ok for CMT 340's? (and other setup questions)

Hi Watsonusn,

Nate is right, your room is definitely not too small for our 340's. Since you will be using a subwoofer, and thus crossing the speakers over -- they can be very close to the walls without issue. 6 Inches is a good starting point.

Yes, a good quality 12" subwoofer should be enough for your room. Be sure to check out the Rythmik F12 on our site, it is a remarkable subwoofer

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com