Thread: Sierra Towers w/ RAAL- 10 months later

Default Sierra Towers w/ RAAL- 10 months later

I am not an audiophile and this review may lack the precise vocabulary and terminology of our hi-fi enthusiasts friends but I thought it might be worthwhile to post my honest opinion about these floorstanders after living with them for almost a year.

The speakers arrived in perfect shape after travelling across the continent to the Great White North. Three cheers to the team at Acoustics.

In a nutshell, these speakers made me rediscover my music entirely: - mids and upper ranges are brillant, tonality (everything sounds better!), the soundstage is wide, and they bring level of detail that I did not find before with my older Paradigms. I am going back more and more to ensemble or acoustical recordings as I find that this is were they perform best. I am listening more to jazz or to classical and that is no small part because of the Sierra's. These speakers are easy to drive and will not require a massive amplifier to perform at their best.

I did have some reservations initially on the sub-bass and bass. To be fair, it may be issues with my listening room. Juggling with different speaker placement configurations helped and with time the bass seemed to open up a bit more.

I will definitively keep the Sierra Towers for a long time. The addition of the ribbon tweeters improves, in my humble opinion, on the listening experience and contribute to the floorstanders' performance in the mid-range and upper frequencies.

Highly recommended.

Default Re: Sierra Towers w/ RAAL- 10 months later

Quote Originally Posted by ppaquin View Post
    I am not an audiophile and this review may lack the precise vocabulary and terminology of our hi-fi enthusiasts friends but I thought it might be worthwhile to post my honest opinion about these floorstanders after living with them for almost a year.

The speakers arrived in perfect shape after travelling across the continent to the Great White North. Three cheers to the team at Acoustics.

In a nutshell, these speakers made me rediscover my music entirely: - mids and upper ranges are brillant, tonality (everything sounds better!), the soundstage is wide, and they bring level of detail that I did not find before with my older Paradigms. I am going back more and more to ensemble or acoustical recordings as I find that this is were they perform best. I am listening more to jazz or to classical and that is no small part because of the Sierra's. These speakers are easy to drive and will not require a massive amplifier to perform at their best.

I did have some reservations initially on the sub-bass and bass. To be fair, it may be issues with my listening room. Juggling with different speaker placement configurations helped and with time the bass seemed to open up a bit more.

I will definitively keep the Sierra Towers for a long time. The addition of the ribbon tweeters improves, in my humble opinion, on the listening experience and contribute to the floorstanders' performance in the mid-range and upper frequencies.

Highly recommended.
    Thanks so much for sharing your review!!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com