Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from TX

Default New from TX

Hello everyone,
    I am Curt.

I just picked up Ascend speakers off of craigslist for a steal and came here to get more info.
    So far I am highly impressed.

Default Re: New from TX

Welcome to the forum!
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Harro View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am Curt.

I just picked up Ascend speakers off of craigslist for a steal and came here to get more info.
    So far I am highly impressed.
    Welcome to the family, Curt!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

HI Curt,

I live in Houston area and lokign for demo of Ascend speakers.

Could you let me know if it is possible for you to demo of sepakers?

Regards,
    Vamshi

Quote Originally Posted by Vamshi View Post
    HI Curt,

I live in Houston area and lokign for demo of Ascend speakers.

Could you let me know if it is possible for you to demo of sepakers?

Regards,
    Vamshi
    I am in the north Fort Worth area and just had Audiolover458 over for a demo. So if you re ever in the area shoot me a pm or post here and let me know when. I am running a 9.2 with 340's and 170's. Come listen you won't be disappointed.

They Sounded very nice. Curt has a nice HT Room Setup for sure with a ton of great content to audition.
    Let us know about the Noesis too Curt. Maybe you can get the Sierra-1 on sale on Audiogon for 748 to tide you over. Thanks again for your time and the great Demo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiolover458 View Post
    They Sounded very nice. Curt has a nice HT Room Setup for sure with a ton of great content to audition.
    Let us know about the Noesis too Curt. Maybe you can get the Sierra-1 on sale on Audiogon for 748 to tide you over. Thanks again for your time and the great Demo's.
    It was my pleasure to meet you and have you listen to my humble set up. Once I have the 228's set up and dialed in, you are welcome to have a listen. I am also interested in your opinion on how the towers sound in your room, once you receive them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harro View Post
    It was my pleasure to meet you and have you listen to my humble set up. Once I have the 228's set up and dialed in, you are welcome to have a listen. I am also interested in your opinion on how the towers sound in your room, once you receive them.
    That is great. Have you already ordered them?
    I will definitely keep you in the loop on the Towers. I am also going to have a JL Audio F113 with them so we shall see. It will not be as fancy as yours because I do not have a dedicated room. My setup is in my Acoustically challenged Livingroom which is open to everything. You will be welcome to come audition as well if you can travel all the way to Plano. lets keep in touch. The Towers are 2 to 3 months back logged per DINA.

I am thinking of returning my wonderful **** in the Bedroom and purchasing a pair of Sierra1's which are available and could serve as my mains in the living room until I get the Towers. I will use them with my Boston PV1000 which should be awesome for the bedroom.

I guess I should have listened to curtis about buying two Rythmiks vs One JL but maybe I will win the lottery and get a 2nd JL.

Let me also say this that those 340's sounded way better than my Infinity CS3008's for which I paid $2,000 a Pair in maybe like the Year 2000 when it was a LOT of Money :-).
    The CS3008s have blown 4 inch and 6 inch woofers on each of them and I have not found any way to repair them and now I am hooked on the Ascends thanks to you.

Once you get the towers, you are more than welcome to borrow my UMIK-1 mic and get some measurements of your room. It may help with the placing of your sub and also tell you about any nulls in your room.

would be interested in s A-B test with the towers and the 228's maybe that could be a possibilities this summer.

Yes let's keep in touch.