Thread: My living room proposed setup, help!

Question My living room proposed setup, help!

Hi,

From all the research I’ve done for building my home theater system, I keep coming back to ascend acoustics. I’ve attached a couple pics of the living room (only ones I could find right now, TV is 55” to give prospective, mantel is 12-13” deep). The open space on the right side of the room is the dining room. The 5.1 setup I’m currently looking to buy is the CMT-340SE for fronts and center (assuming if I put TV on a stand I can fit the center channel), HTM-200SE for the rear surrounds, and LV12R for the sub. I plan to have the CMT-340SE L/R on complete opposites sides sitting on top of the mantel.

• My question is since the CMT-340SE’s are 10.5 inches deep and the mantel is only ~12”, am I completely restricting the rear port tube space that it needs? Will the sound quality dispersion completely diminish?
    • Am I over sizing the system for a living room that size? (It is roughly 20ft x 15ft x 8 ft ceiling)

Thank for your support!
    20121108_213626.jpg20121108_213425_HDR.jpg20121108_213626.jpg

Default Re: My living room proposed setup, help!

So I think in that size room your speaker selection is great. I'm unsure on the port though. You'd probably loose a little output? I have my towers a few inches off the wall (3-4?) and it really seems to work fine.

Default Re: My living room proposed setup, help!

Thank you, and hopefully the LV12R sub is appropriate as well. I just hope that I am not over spec'ing compared to one of those home theater in a box from paradigm or whoever. I just want to make sure the extra $ is worth it. We watch a movie about once a week. Also is ascend on holiday, are orders still shipping, their voicemail said they are on vacation?...should I wait and is there a labor day sale of any sort going on soon?