Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Wall Mount for 170 SE's?

Default Re: Best Wall Mount for 170 SE's?

Think I found better alternatives, even more sturdy then the Omnimount 20's from what I have heard.

http://www.thinkvp.com/products16-44...tsExtendedPair

http://www.thinkvp.com/products16-43...akerMountsPair

They support speakers up to 25LBS, and both have 2 different kinds of brackets to support the 2 screw mount design of the 170SE. Now to run home and measure the distance between the two holes and the thread size on the 170's to see if it will fit the Vantage Point bracket. Hope this is the solution! I also contacted Vantage Point to determine the maximum angel these will tilt down towards. Will let you guys know once I get a response.

From reading Amazon reviews, the BSM model will tilt 30 degrees, but I am more interested in the BSME.

only thing to not like them may be in the product description

Perfect your home theater and make sure your speakers are exactly where you’d like them to be. Our Bookshelf Speaker Mount Series lets you get ideal speaker placement every time, even with your larger or more awkward speakers.
    marketing guys dont realize that no customer would want to accept his speakers as awkward

Hey - just purchased some 170s for surrounds in my basement and will most likely need to mount from the ceiling.

Subscribed - please do post back your findings, thanks!

I ended up ordering the Vantage Point BSME's. The one with the extension arm. It will arrive this Thursday. Will give everyone updates/pics once it's in and set up.

Nice!

Although not sure I want to drop $100 on two mounts.

Interested to see how you like them.

Bump!

Did your mounts arrive yesterday?

Sorry for the delayed response. One of my best friends got married over the weekend so been preoccupied.

The Vantage Point BSME stands did arrive last Thursday as expected. I took them out of the box, and was surprised by them being pure metal. Extremely sturdy and well constructed! The standard bracket that comes pre-installed was a PERFECT fit for the CBM-170 SE!!! The extension arms can also be removed to make the mount shorter. This was perfect for me as I plan to use the extension for the left rear speaker and no extension for the right rear speaker due to the futon being right under it.

The locking mechanisms are VERY sturdy and you can choose from a wide range of angles for tilt (up and down direction). The speakers can be SLIGHTLY tilted left or right but not by much. I personally just need the speakers to aim straight down from near the ceiling, which these will achieve.

I have not mounted them to the walls yet due to time constraints. But I did hold it up against the wall to simulate and these will do the job for me!

I ended up ordering the Vantage Point BSME (extension version) from RSL Speakers for $80 shipped. They were shipped out several hours after ordering and with EXCELLENT packaging. Almost over packaged, but I cannot complain about that. I first called the company, and the owner Howard answered the phone. He spent over 45 minutes explaining the mount and kept going back and forth to his display model to answer all of my questions and even measured it for me to make sure it will fit my CBM-170 SE. I would order directly from him to support his small company and wonderful customer service. I am no way affiliated with RSL. He also states these are MUCH better and even cheaper then the OmniMount 20's, plus the OmniMounts had sagging problems.

Amazon sells the non extension version (Model: BSM) for almost half the price. However, the part that that connects to the wall looks different from the BSM-E extension version as it is a different shape and I do not see a circle plate either. The circle plate is essential as it turns 360 degrees. This makes it easier to have the CBM-170 stand vertically instead of horizontally when wall mounted, unless you have a thick stud where you can simply place the end piece that goes to the wall horizontally. I do not, as my studs seem to be pretty skinny, perhaps because I am in a town house?

Here are some pictures of the mounts. Will post more pics once I have them wall mounted this weekend.

Mount with the extension.

Mount with the extension part removed.

If you look closely, you will see that there are circles at the end of the mount connects to the wall. This turns 360 degrees, so that helps with aiming the speaker slightly left or right.

Will post more pictures this weekend once I have these suckers wall mounted!
    Last edited by ZzBloopzZ; 09-10-2013 at 09:44 PM.

awesome, thanks for the info!

I'm considering these for mounting from my ceiling. The extension looks really long....?

I'd want to keep the top of the speaker as close to the ceiling as possible. I"m in a basement and the ceiling is 7.5ft... could I get away with ordering a standard set (no extension)?

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Regrettably, Omnimount has discontinued all of their speaker wall mounts
    Seems that way, I have a set of the 20.0 W, and they are great mounts.....would think you'd be able to find them on the 'bay..
    Will have to get something else for the other 2 I will have in the new theater, as I never ran more than a 5.1 system before due to space/layout.
    Will have 7.X when the theater is built......which means 1 more Sierra1(with the 170's doing rear surround duty), and a Horizon to take the place of the C I have now.