Thread: Hello from Northern VA (Another One)

Default Hello from Northern VA (Another One)

I see another person from Northern VA is also here.

This is an edit from my first post in the loudspeakers section.

My name is William and soon to be part of the Ascend family. After much research and countless hours pursing this forum I have decided to purchase the towers. I have been recently getting more into HT, but have always been into audio , purchased my first “real” system while in the Marines oversees (Carver CM-1090 Integrated Amp, a Nakamichi Music Bank CD player and a pair of Polk speakers (Monitor 12 Series 2).

There seems to be a lot of insightful and helpful people on this forum with a plethora of knowledge.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Default Re: Hello from Northern VA (Another One)

Hey William,

As you saw from my other post, I'm the the same area as you. I hope you love the amazing Ascend Acoustic speakers. I have a CMT-340se center on it's way and will likely be ordering the mains soon after.

Hello Lord Nikon.

I just placed my order for the towers last week, was given a ship date of Sept. 9th. I'm pretty much re-building my system from scratch. The Oppo BDP-103 arrived yesterday and the Marantz should be coming today. How do you like the CMT-340se as a center? That’s the one I was looking at as the horizon, due to its size (and cost), will not work in my arrangement. Where are you in N. VA? I live in South Riding out by Dulles.

The 340 will be here tomorrow, I'll have to get back to you on that.

Sorry, didn't catch the "on it's way" in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by bkana View Post
    Hello Lord Nikon.

How do you like the CMT-340se as a center? That’s the one I was looking at as the horizon, due to its size (and cost), will not work in my arrangement. Where are you in N. VA? I live in South Riding out by Dulles.
    I think a Sierra-1 NRT center would be a much better match than the CMT-340se.

I've heard a couple of members recommend that one as well. Maybe I’ll go that route.