Thread: Ascend Acoustics CMT-340SE - Just Do It!!!

The Only State Created During The Civil War

Default Ascend Acoustics CMT-340SE - Just Do It!!!

I was looking to upgrade speakers from the Infinity Primus towers we have. Infinity is a very good speaker. When you decide to move up the audio ladder, they are lacking. I began asking questions on a few audio forums I am a member of, and I got lots of different answers. I decided to go with a smaller speaker due to the small size of our living room. I was close to buying a pair of B&W 605s, but I'm glad I didn't. I've had Ascend Acoustics bookmarked in my Favorites, which lead to hours of reading. I decided to order the CMT-340SE.

We've been listening for two weeks now and just like wine, they get better with age. I have heard several words that describes speakers... bright, warm, neutral come to mind but I was clueless as to what they were describing. That was until I listened to the CMTs, and now I understand. There are two important factors that really stood out to me while listening.

Neutral - The CMTs are neutral without having noise that some speakers produce. Thinking back to the Primus, they definitely had noise. This is something I cannot describe and you have to listen to them and you will understand what I'm saying. The sound that comes out of these speakers is beyond belief, very clear and crisp as if you were right there in the studio with the muscian.

Fatigue - Some speakers are known to give the listener ear fatigue, which the Primus did but I was unaware of the fact. The CMTs will not give you ear fatigue. No matter what volume level suits your taste, your listening will be very pleasant and enjoyable.

To those who are in the market for their first pair, or if you are upgrading your system, I've got three words for you... Just do it! You have nothing to loose since David offers a 30 day money back guarantee, but you have a lot to gain in hearing things you never heard before in your favorite music, and the best listening experience you've ever experienced.

Ascend Acoustics are what I call a sleeper company. By that I mean they are a small company who do not advertise their products, but are producing products that rival the big high dollar brands. Their advertisement is those who have bought and are spreading their experience by word of mouth and on this forum.

If the CMTs are one of the best on the market, can you just imagine how good the Sierra Towers sound. I have a good size family room downstairs that I hope to add a second audio system to, and I am thinking the Towers would be the perfect match.

Thank you David and the Ascend Acoustics team for bringing a product that produces some of the best sound you can get for the money. If you are planning an audio system and have a small budget, look no further than Ascend Acoustics for speakers, because you are not doing you or your system justice. Your ears will thank you.

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics CMT-340SE - Just Do It!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Play View Post
    Thank you David and the Ascend Acoustics team for bringing a product that produces some of the best sound you can get for the money. If you are planning an audio system and have a small budget, look no further than Ascend Acoustics for speakers, because you are not doing you or your system justice. Your ears will thank you.
    Thank you 4Play, you are most welcome and we are all very pleased to learn that you are enjoying the 340's!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Enjoyed your review, thanks 4play. Could you comment further on the sound? For instance how are the 340SEs at low volume while listening to TV dialogue and also music? Thanks!

My wife is always telling us to turn the volume down on the TV. It's up so high in the first place because, I suppose, the TV speakers lack clarity and extra volume is needed to rise above the ambient noise of the house. So a speaker that sounds clear even at low volumes would be ideal. I assume that if the 340SE has this quality that the Sierra's1 (and the upcoming 2) might also share the same trait to some degree (although I realize the 340s and Sierras are very different speakers). I myself aim to be getting the Sierras because they are smaller and have higher WAF.

The Only State Created During The Civil War

First of all this audio system is audio only. TV is downstairs in the family room. I have listened to music at different volume levels, and the clarity of the sound is amazing. Of course, if you drop the volume too low you cannot hear anything. I have not cranked the volume and have no need to. So far, the highest volume was around -25dB with no noise other than beautiful music. Our living room is 11ft wide x 14ft long and the CMTs are the perfect size for a small to medium room.

Hope this helps.

If the CMTs are one of the best on the market, can you just imagine how good the Sierra Towers sound. I have a good size family room downstairs that I hope to add a second audio system to, and I am thinking the Towers would be the perfect match.
    We are the 646-985 dumps the world in providing best Pass4sure C4120-783 gre and mcdaniel.edu prep solutions.