Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Audio-fool needs help from audiophiles

Default Re: Audio-fool needs help from audiophiles

Quote Originally Posted by mapmn006 View Post
    I ran Audyssey at 3 points and it said “analyzing” than “storing.” It seemed to have finished up. I now have Audyssey selected under the MultEQ XT heading under the Audio category. The other options are “off,” “Audyssey Flat,” or “Graphic EQ.” Am I understanding this correctly that whatever Audyssey corrected in its test is now happening when I play music because it on this (Audyssey) setting? I ask only because I can't seem to find what changes the program made. I know I've scene pics of other peoples room correction settings, but maybe it was on a different version or something. Also, dose the system only have one memory of the last test ran. In other words you run it, set it to Audyssey, and that's it?
    Rerunning Audyssey will erase the previous correction/measurements. If you click on Audio>Audyssey>Parameter check, (i hope that's the correct path...)that should show you what Audyssey is correcting. Try the different modes to see what sounds best to you. And try it with different genres of music. 'Flat' has a little more treble than the default Audyssey setting.
    Nate

Default Re: Audio-fool needs help from audiophiles

Quote Originally Posted by mapmn006 View Post
    It's Friday, I have the day off work, and these came...

Attachment 930

Attachment 931

Setup was fairly easy and I've got Dream Theater, Scenes From A Memory playing at 65 db. Life is good! One question...I ran Audyssey at 3 points and it said “analyzing” than “storing.” It seemed to have finished up. I now have Audyssey selected under the MultEQ XT heading under the Audio category. The other options are “off,” “Audyssey Flat,” or “Graphic EQ.” Am I understanding this correctly that whatever Audyssey corrected in its test is now happening when I play music because it on this (Audyssey) setting? I ask only because I can't seem to find what changes the program made. I know I've scene pics of other peoples room correction settings, but maybe it was on a different version or something. Also, dose the system only have one memory of the last test ran. In other words you run it, set it to Audyssey, and that's it?

Have a good weekend all...full review to come for those interested...
    Looks great - you definitely picked the right finish for the towers! Love all the contrast in your room.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com