Thread: New To The Forum, Not To The Hobby

The Only State Created During The Civil War

Default New To The Forum, Not To The Hobby

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm getting back into the hobby after a 30+ year hiatus, and oh boy how times have changed. I got hooked back in 75 or 76 during my first stint in college. There was an audio store in town and I became a regular, asking all the newbie questions and trying to learn. Close to home there was a nice audio store that I became friends with everyone working there. After finishing my first year I saved all of my money to buy my first audio system... Harman/Kardon receiver, a BIC turntable, and a pair of the original Advent speakers. Along the way I managed to upgrade my turntable to a B&O model, and I added a Nakamichi tape deck. The system served me well.

Fast forward to today... My wife and I bought our first new home, and we decided to add an audio system for hours of enjoyment. Current system includes a Marantz SR5005 receiver, a Denon network audio player, a pair of Infinity Primus fronts, and an Infinity Primus center. I have decided to upgrade the speakers to the CMT-340 SE. I am hoping to place an order maybe the end of next week. I am so looking forward to being amazed by the sound quality. You can read all the reviews you want, but you will never know until you hook up a pair and listen for yourself. So, if any of you have a pair of CMT-340s, I would appreciate some feedback, your experiences and opinions so I will know what I'm about to witness firsthand.

Thank you for reading my post, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Default Re: New To The Forum, Not To The Hobby

Quote Originally Posted by 4Play View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm getting back into the hobby after a 30+ year hiatus, and oh boy how times have changed. I got hooked back in 75 or 76 during my first stint in college. There was an audio store in town and I became a regular, asking all the newbie questions and trying to learn. Close to home there was a nice audio store that I became friends with everyone working there. After finishing my first year I saved all of my money to buy my first audio system... Harman/Kardon receiver, a BIC turntable, and a pair of the original Advent speakers. Along the way I managed to upgrade my turntable to a B&O model, and I added a Nakamichi tape deck. The system served me well.

Fast forward to today... My wife and I bought our first new home, and we decided to add an audio system for hours of enjoyment. Current system includes a Marantz SR5005 receiver, a Denon network audio player, a pair of Infinity Primus fronts, and an Infinity Primus center. I have decided to upgrade the speakers to the CMT-340 SE. I am hoping to place an order maybe the end of next week. I am so looking forward to being amazed by the sound quality. You can read all the reviews you want, but you will never know until you hook up a pair and listen for yourself. So, if any of you have a pair of CMT-340s, I would appreciate some feedback, your experiences and opinions so I will know what I'm about to witness firsthand.

Thank you for reading my post, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.
    Welcome to our community 4Play and please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Enjoy!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com