Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBM-170 and ELT

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by delling001

Curtis,

I really enjoyed the write-up too, however, I am curious how long you're going to keep the ELTs for? I will NOT be able to make it down your way next week, but I am planning to go down the week of 9/22 (following week)due to work commitments out of state. Questions: 1) any spare time early the week of 9/22 for an Ascend demo at your place? and 2) Will you still have the ELTs (assuming you have time for a demo)at your place so I could have a listen to those too? Better yet, maybe I could also stop in Hanford, CA. on my way to So. Calif. and pick up some Vandersteens at the factory and bring those down for you to demo too (hehehe)? JK... Sorry about that, all this audio demo talk can get a guy worked up, ya know... Anyway, thanks for your post!! Stuff like that makes a difference!

Dave.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Dave,

Really wish you were serious about getting the Vandersteens! [] I did not know they were in Hanford, CA.

Anyways, I should still have the ELT's that week.

Someone else was here today to listen to the ELT's, CBM-170, and CMT-340. He had been to B&M stores and liked the B&W CDM603(I am not sure I have the model correct) and the Paradigm Monitor 7. He left wanting the CMT-340.

-curtis

Curtis,
    If you dont mind me stopping by Saturday the 20th, I'd love to drop by and give em the ole A/B

ZeN

ZeN

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ZeN

Curtis,
    If you dont mind me stopping by Saturday the 20th, I'd love to drop by and give em the ole A/B

ZeN

ZeN

^^ Yes, I like my name that much Silly previewer, doesnt include the sig!

ZeN

Really wish you were serious about getting the Vandersteens! [] I did not know they were in Hanford, CA.

-curtis
    [/quote]

Curtis,

I seriously doubt Vandersteen would allow me to just borrow a set. [] They are extremely picky about "how" the set-up is done with their speakers, and are very specific with their dealers in this regard. There is a formal optimization protocol that they developed and want followed (according to their website). I may just call them though just for kicks and ask..?? In fact, I think I'll just ask if they have a demo room set-up at their facility where I could stop by to have a listen anyway at the mother ship.. Maybe we can talk again sometime next week to see how the week of 9/22 does or doesn't work for you for the Ascend (and maybe ELT) demo..??

Again Curtis, it is so obvious how you play a very helpful role ongoing to audio neophytes like myself and others on this forum as well as several others I look into and see your tracks from one end to the next! Thanks.

Dave.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dalton

Hi,
    I just joined the forum and i am very intriguid by the Ascends. I have narrowed down my choices to these systems:
    Ascend CBM 170's - mains and surrounds - CMT340 center
    Rocket's ELT system
    Axiom Grand master theater
    I already have a great sub in the SVS 20-39 PC+. I want a system that hit reference levels and still sound great. My room dimensions are 24x13 with 9' ceiling's. I would only be sitting about 8 ft from the front three speakers because my room is a combo living room/dining room. Which of these systems is cleanest at higher volumes? BTW i will be powering these speakers with a B&K AV 5000II amp that is 125x5 into 8ohms and 180x5 into 4 ohms. HT is primary importance but i want music to sound good also. I would really appreciate any help you guys could give. I want to make my decision soon.

Thanks,
    Dalton

Dalton,

Can you define your meaning of "reference level"? I have found that this means different things to different people.

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by delling001

Curtis,

I seriously doubt Vandersteen would allow me to just borrow a set. [] They are extremely picky about "how" the set-up is done with their speakers, and are very specific with their dealers in this regard. There is a formal optimization protocol that they developed and want followed (according to their website). I may just call them though just for kicks and ask..?? In fact, I think I'll just ask if they have a demo room set-up at their facility where I could stop by to have a listen anyway at the mother ship.. Maybe we can talk again sometime next week to see how the week of 9/22 does or doesn't work for you for the Ascend (and maybe ELT) demo..??

Again Curtis, it is so obvious how you play a very helpful role ongoing to audio neophytes like myself and others on this forum as well as several others I look into and see your tracks from one end to the next! Thanks.

Dave.

Dave,
    Thanks for the kind words. Wednesdays are usually the best for me. So later next week let me know how thing are looking and we can plan something.

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ZeN

Curtis,

ZeN

ZeN

ZeN ZeN....
    Saturdays are sometimes tough with the kids....we are running around doing a lot of stuff on the weekends. Just give me a ring, and if we are here, then no problem. Or maybe swing by in morning....we usually don't get out until after 10am.

-curtis

I like this thread , it gives people a chance to look at the CBM 170 upclose to see what they really look like.But isnt kind of unfair to compare a speaker with a 6 1/2 woofer thats obviously bigger phsycially than a 5 1/2 woofer speakers.