Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBM-170 and ELT

Thanks for the review Curtis - the comparison to Ascends is definitely helpful. I've been meaning to get down to AV123 to hear the new stuff (ELT, tykes), but the whole getting married in three days has kept me busy.

Married?? Congratulations!! Enjoy!

-curtis

"...but the whole getting married in three days has kept me busy. "

Brad I'm glad I'm not the only one with this illness. Our second daughter was born Sunday 9/7 at 11.:30 pm. First time I get to a computer, three days later, do I e-mail the news to everyone?...NO, I go to the ascendforum. :^) LOL

Nice write up Curtis.

Quinn!! Congrats!! I knew there was a reason you have been so quiet.

-curtis

Congrats Quinn - I hope all is well with the family.

I'm guessing Friday will be the last day I'm around here for a couple of weeks. We're looking forward to a nice, relaxing honeymoon.

I took some pictures for looks and size comparison:

-curtis

Thanks for the review, Curtis. It appears from your review that the ELT has a lot in common with my memory of the Aperion Intimus speakers down to even a similar enclosure. Are they actually similar?

I thought the same thing at first when I saw pictures. What really makes them look similar is the shape of the grill. Otherwise, the ELT is bigger from what I remember the Aperion, with a nicer finish.

-curtis

Curtis,

I really enjoyed the write-up too, however, I am curious how long you're going to keep the ELTs for? I will NOT be able to make it down your way next week, but I am planning to go down the week of 9/22 (following week)due to work commitments out of state. Questions: 1) any spare time early the week of 9/22 for an Ascend demo at your place? and 2) Will you still have the ELTs (assuming you have time for a demo)at your place so I could have a listen to those too? Better yet, maybe I could also stop in Hanford, CA. on my way to So. Calif. and pick up some Vandersteens at the factory and bring those down for you to demo too (hehehe)? JK... Sorry about that, all this audio demo talk can get a guy worked up, ya know... Anyway, thanks for your post!! Stuff like that makes a difference!

Dave.

Hi,
    I just joined the forum and i am very intriguid by the Ascends. I have narrowed down my choices to these systems:
    Ascend CBM 170's - mains and surrounds - CMT340 center
    Rocket's ELT system
    Axiom Grand master theater
    I already have a great sub in the SVS 20-39 PC+. I want a system that hit reference levels and still sound great. My room dimensions are 24x13 with 9' ceiling's. I would only be sitting about 8 ft from the front three speakers because my room is a combo living room/dining room. Which of these systems is cleanest at higher volumes? BTW i will be powering these speakers with a B&K AV 5000II amp that is 125x5 into 8ohms and 180x5 into 4 ohms. HT is primary importance but i want music to sound good also. I would really appreciate any help you guys could give. I want to make my decision soon.

Thanks,
    Dalton