Thread: In-wall/In-ceiling Options?

Question In-wall/In-ceiling Options?

Looking for Sierra-1 owners that use in-wall or ceiling surrounds. Is there anything out there that is close in timbre and matches well? I'm really stressing right now to find the right combo for an HT project downstairs. L/C/R will be Sirerra-1's in cabinets. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

-Doug

Default Re: In-wall/In-ceiling Options?

SSSaaaayyyyyyy! I'm looking for something like this as well for a buddy of mine. Except I'm looking for something comparable to the CBM-170 SE. I just started looking, but I was also wondering if anyone here knew anything off the top of their head. Thanks!
    Good luck to you as well, Doug!

I have found a few references that suggest matching the general tweeter type is most important (i.e. soft dome, metal dome, ribbon). I am most curious about a company I found called Noble Fidelity which offer in-walls with soft domes. I have found a few good references to them.

I did an extensive in-wall and in ceiling search a couple of months ago. I noticed that it is hard to find listening rooms to audition these, and since you have to make cut outs in your ceilings or walls, this can be a gamble.

Matching the tweeter type is important, Having a swiveling tweeter mount is good. Some speakers have a frame enclosure that mounts first.

This brand has soft dome tweeters and good reviews,
    http://www.atlantictechnology.com/default.asp

Speakercraft has been mentioned by Dave F. I find their site to be hard to navigate.
    (Their site is better now)
    http://www.speakercraft.com/

I look forward to hearing from Ascend owners with inwall and in ceiling speakers too.

B.
    Last edited by Blutarsky; 05-28-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks for the lead on atlantic technology. I hadn't come across those yet. Worth a closer look.