Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You Guys Wanna Hear About Some Custom Speakers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: You Guys Wanna Hear About Some Custom Speakers?

I know, right?

I really, really need my house to be move-in ready, like, NOW! haha. This little apartment is NOT going to cut it

Actually, I kind of can't wait to cram all 11 speakers, my 2 PC13-Ultra subs and my Onkyo TX-NR5010 + ATI AT1805 amp into my tiny apartment theatre. It's going to look hilarious!

I've definitely jumped the gun a bit with this speaker purchase But I'm still glad I did it. These are going to last me a long, long time. And once I move into my house, I'm sure other things will take priority, and I might not have gotten around to putting together my dream speaker system for a while! But this way, I'm all set

Are those still bamboo cabinets or MDF?

Quote Originally Posted by eliwankenobi View Post
    Are those still bamboo cabinets or MDF?
    Bamboo
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Yup, still bamboo. I just went for the matte black finish

I do believe some of the internal bracing is MDF, though.

Jonathan,

Your thread had been a good read and I'm sure you're relieved to finally have your speakers.

I see that you plan on using the Sierra-1 as a surround. I plan on doing the same. My question is how or what do you plan on using to mount or stand them?

I'm trying to get some ideas for my space.

Thanks, guys!

I didn't even get a chance to do any further setup today. What crummy timing I did make progress in Dave's thank you gift, though

Mpalmieri, at the moment, I'm using these Yorkville SKS-40B monitor stands for my Surround, Surround Back, and Front Height speakers. They're a nice, affordable, strong stand that can be extended as tall as 4 feet, so they're great for elevated Surrounds. For the Front Height speakers, I'll have those stands on top of Autalex GRAMMA platforms, which are, themselves, on top of some 15" tall Ikea TV stands, which are also acting as my Front L/R stands so, the TV stands plus the GRAMMA risers, plus the Yorkville stands gets me about 5 and a half feet, plus the 14 inch height of the Sierra-1 NrT speakers themselves

In the future, though, I will be wall-mounting all of the elevated speaker positions. For that, I will use these B-Tech BT77 wall-mounts.

Dave also recommended these Pinpoint AM-40B wall-mounts , which look very similar.

Super cool Jonathan!

Can't wait to see more pics and hear your review when you get time!

Congratulations!

Jonathan buddy how about some updates and pics of this beast of a setup you got.

Coming next week!

I was super busy last week, and my top, non-work priority ended up being Dave's thank you gift, which I will be shipping out to him tomorrow!

So, I really haven't had time to optimize, enjoy, and photograph my speaker setup yet. But, I have a week off work, starting tomorrow, which means I will finally be getting everything how I want it...for now

Again, can't stress enough that what I have right now is a temporary apartment setup, and NOT my "master plan" for these speakers. But it sure will be fun to enjoy in the mean time.

I'll update with some shots of Dave's gift, too, once he receives it

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_teller View Post
    WOW!!

Rob, thats the most amazing array of speakers I've seen on a home theater! Great Job!!

I do agree with the previous comments, those two chairs there look kinda sad... That space screams comfy couch!

Are you finished with calibration? Would like to hear more comments on your setup, like what speakers are powered by the ATI amp( weird for me, I think ATI and video cards come to mind)? Distance from screen, etc and of course how does it sound!!!!

I hope you enjoy your system for many many years!!