Thread: You Guys Wanna Hear About Some Custom Speakers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: You Guys Wanna Hear About Some Custom Speakers?

Woohoo!!

Now I can let out that breath I've been holding for the past week or so. I'm thrilled that you like them so far. It must be a huge relief (an understatement) now that everything has arrived safely, not to mention that you're happy with the sonic signature. I think you made the right choice going with the RAAL tweeter. It's fantastic, isn't it?

Have fun with the setup, tweaking, and listening. Post when you can, but first priority is enjoying your new purchase.
    -Jacob

Thanks, Jacob!

Yes, I will definitely post more pics when I am able.

I need to stress, once again, though, that my current setup is NOT my "master plan" for these speakers! Not by a long shot! No, I came up with these custom dimensions and ordered these speakers for my future house and dedicated theater. I saw no point in waiting for materials prices to keep going up and up. And when Dave responded so enthusiastically, and with such an incredibly low price for all of this work, I simply said, "well what the heck would I wait for? It ain't gonna get better than this!" Not to mention, it's not as though I can't enjoy the heck out of these speakers for the next couple of years until I'm ready to move into my house!

So, with that disclaimer said, my current theater room in my apartment is way smaller than honestly makes sense for these speakers. The pictures are going to be hilarious But it's still awesome to have the speakers, and to know that the lynchpin of my future plans is already bought and paid for!

So, set up my apartment theater, get Dave's thank you gift in order, finish up all the work I need to get done this week -- THEN I can enjoy, and get some proper pictures posted

congratulations Jonathan !!!

You deserve every bit of sonic nirvana. I and many folks in various forums keep learning a LOT from your posts. You really are very helpful for newbies and go OVER the EXTRA MILE to help others.

I sincerely wish you all the very best for your current and future AV set ups.

-Ron